file Card idea - Obscure god's creation

25 Apr 2012 16:39 #28693 by Ohlmann
Obscure God's creation

[Action]
[Reaction]

1 blood
[Obfuscate]

:obf: [REACTION] Use when a (D) action target this minion. Tap this reaction minion and redirect the action to another minion that could have been targeted by the action.
:OBF: [ACTION] Put this card on a minion not controlled by your prey. He can't take (D) action against you. He can bleed your prey as a (D) action. Burn this card after a bleed attempt against your prey.

The idea is born from the fact that :OBF: clan, except for the Malkavian, tend to lack defense. Both Nosferatu, city !gangrel, and assamite could use a bit more defense.

The inferior is here mainly to have a powerful card against brainwash, nightmare curse, sensory deprivation, and other non-ciombat card that are often hard to deal with. It also work against combat, which is not the goal bit not overly dramatic.

The superior is a creative way to word a bleed redirection. It's also significantly weaker, maybe too weak, but the inferior make the card pretty versatile, and :OBF: is not supposed to be dominate by another name.

I am not sure about the interest of this particular card ; but the goal is to show lead to make card that fulfill the same role as another card (deflection) without being a copy (like telepathic misdirection to deflection).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2012 18:05 - 25 Apr 2012 18:05 #28701 by Miasmat
Ha! When I first read that title, I thought that the God was obscure, as in, "here is the creation of a god you've never heard of". After reading the powers, it became clear that it was "[To] Obscure God's creation", as in, "I'm going to cover up all of God's creation". Ain't English grand?!

The inferior power is interesting - probably too annoying to rule on (like Mask of 1000 Faces) - but it'd be fun to say, "Surprise! You've just Bums Rushed that cross-table Enkidu instead." or "Please play that Shattering Crescendo over here. I promise nothing bad will happen..."

Mias
Last edit: 25 Apr 2012 18:05 by Miasmat.

More
25 Apr 2012 19:14 #28706 by Louhi
It's kinda neat and at first glance I doesn't seem too exploitable (i.e. working as intended). There's a hole in the wording though, if you put it on your predator and THEN oust your prey to make a heads up, his minion is locked from bleeding.

Samedi would also benefit greatly from this as they have multi acting in clan too.

Lidingö Scourge

More
26 Apr 2012 03:04 #28713 by jAvel
I think, cost 1 blood is too low. Effect is *very* good, so 2-3 blood cost.
"reaction" effect is nice and surprising.
"action" effect is very powerful. Think about locking powerbleed predator. Especially with embedded bleed (inner circle +2 bleed) and when all your prey's minions are "in smoke crater".

Btw, what the text "Burn this card after a bleed attempt against your prey." mean exactly? Any attempt? Your attempt? Just that's minion attempt?.. - must be reworded to be more clear.

More
26 Apr 2012 04:57 #28718 by Ohlmann

Btw, what the text "Burn this card after a bleed attempt against your prey." mean exactly? Any attempt? Your attempt? Just that's minion attempt?.. - must be reworded to be more clear.

The card is supposed to be removed if the affected minion bleed your prey, regardless of its success. He can be blocked, bleed reduced, anything, the fluff being that he understand that someone have messed with its mind. Think of this as a bleed redirection : he must bleed your prey instead of you.

There is a bug if the affected minion i

I think, cost 1 blood is too low. Effect is *very* good, so 2-3 blood cost.
"reaction" effect is nice and surprising.
"action" effect is very powerful. Think about locking powerbleed predator. Especially with embedded bleed (inner circle +2 bleed) and when all your prey's minions are "in smoke crater".

The superior is not supposed to be that powerful. It's basically a bleed redirection played as an action : it's less surprising, the affected Methuselah won't use GtU + Conditioning, but in exchange you can play it when you have a spare action, but the basics are the same. Making it 2 or 3 blood cost would be very expensive in my opinion.

The inferior is a lot harder to price correctly, since it's a brand new effect. If it's too powerful, maybe change the "tap and" to "tap to", preventing use of it with regular wake.

More
26 Apr 2012 05:30 #28719 by Steinar
I like the card idea, and I agree that it should cost at least 2-3 blood. On the other hand I think cards like this make rush-combat even weaker, something we should want to avoid. I also think that lack of defence should be the price to pay when playing OBF.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds