file Card idea - Obscure god's creation

26 Apr 2012 09:20 - 26 Apr 2012 09:21 #28750 by Ohlmann

Well, fluff-wise (as i presume), no vampire will sustain obfuscate all the time. He can't predict when and from what direction he would be attacked.

In a somehow unrelated note, the name is taken from an obfuscate level (an 8th IIRC) which is alway active. It's somehow unrelated because like a lot of discipline card, the name is taken from a power out of reach of about every playable minion. No, Lolita Houston is not supposed to be the Tzimisce antediluvian in disguise :p

So, maybe, it'll be more reasonable to make a cost of 1 pool for this card. You know, methuselah's knowledge is invovlved.
Although, I like the card effect, i have to agree with Reyda: obfuscate have already enough defence.

Then, maybe find a new discipline home :p but obfuscate have the advantage of being large enough to encompass multiples "weak" clan, while not being a core discipline of too much "big" archetype.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2012 09:21 by Ohlmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2012 10:12 - 26 Apr 2012 10:13 #28755 by Reyda
From the very foundations of this game, we have kind of a distinction between what i would call "specialized discipline" and "toolbox discipline".

OBF and AUS are the standard of specialized disciplnes : "I will get my action through" and "you shall not pass".
POT is also specialized : "I win combat", and FOR is "I resist combat".

But because R. Garfield is a wise game designer, most of those specialized disciplines have oddball cards which give you special options. Pulse of the Canaille gives bleed to the blockers. Day operation gives a guaranteed action to a resilient fighter. ( and I want to add that without Freak Drive, which is quite an odball in the fortitude arsenal, there would be less fortitude involved in table winning deck archive...)

But on the other hand, disciplines that allow vampires to do a lot of different things can be summed up to PRO. Some untap, some combat, some stealth... they don't shine in a any particular area but add something great to deckbuilding.

So when you create a deck, you have to rely on specialized & unspecialized stuff.

I'd like the game to keep some of that original flavor. In my opinion, giving every discipline unspecialized stuff is not making the game more interesting.
That's also why I hate rego motus :p

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 26 Apr 2012 10:13 by Reyda.

More
26 Apr 2012 10:52 #28757 by Ashur

I'd like the game to keep some of that original flavor. In my opinion, giving every discipline unspecialized stuff is not making the game more interesting.

I agree with this. And this is one of the reasons card design for VTES is very complicated. I actually hope the current design team would turn back to the original set to see "What made this great?" more often. There is a reason why there are no generic card recursion and card fetching in Jyhad.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Molloy, jAvel

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds