file Vampire: the Embrace (initiation cards)

18 Jul 2012 09:04 #33394 by Reyda

I wouldn't remove disciplines from basics. This should be implemented from the very begining. It's one of the fundamentals of vtes. If it's too complicated for your players remove inferior/ superior but stick to discipline requirement

Same thoughts here.

I understand you want to make it simple. But trying to teach a game which revolves around disciplines without teaching disciplines is kinda absurd.
Trying to simplify the game, you can read the old v:tes rulebook wich adds very interesting stuff under the section "Basic Game".

If you want to make a v:tes light, use less different cards, and less disciplines. Also, a clause like "I play only one modifier or reaction card per action" can be ok if it's to learn the intercept/stealth game without flooding the players with tons of informations.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2012 09:55 - 18 Jul 2012 14:44 #33404 by Ankha
Hey guys, you know, this topic is not about whether you like my system or not. I don't force anyone to use it nor claim it's the best.
I stated how I wanted it to work. All I want is 1/ a fresh eye on the cards so I miss nothing and 2/ to share it with people that may be interested in it. I don't want to change the core, so if you guys think you won't use it, don't waste your time with comments I'll ignore.

Now, I've already explained my choices, I could give arguments for or against introducing disciplines but 1/ it's a waste of time 2/ it's subjective (because it comes from my demo-ing experience).

So, once again I'm not interested in comments saying "I won't do it that way", just do your own stuff if you think it's better.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 18 Jul 2012 14:44 by Ankha. Reason: Make it clear I was answering everyone

More
18 Jul 2012 09:58 #33405 by Ankha
And if it wasn't clear, it's meant for absolute beginners that know nothing about the game so they can grasp some basics.
Then you can progressively add disciplines, then master, clans...

Prince of Paris, France

More
18 Jul 2012 10:08 #33406 by Boris The Blade
Is there a reason why the Tremere crypt costs only 18 while all the others cost 20? You might want to adjust the costs:
-Carna +1
-Theo Bell -1
-Ventrue stay the same (that's the price you pay for titles)
-Hesha -1

You might also have a problem with politics: the Ventrue have 3 votes and the three other clans combined only 2, so they have an easy vote lock and the referendum phase will be ignored.

More
18 Jul 2012 11:09 #33408 by Ankha
I've noticed the crypt size difference, but I think it won't change much. Your tweaks are interesting though, I'll try both.

As for politics, I wanted the Ventrue to have the Edge in it and force the Brujah somehow to rush the Ventrue. Nevertheless, an extra vote should be added to the other clans.

Prince of Paris, France

More
18 Jul 2012 14:26 - 18 Jul 2012 14:31 #33412 by Reyda
I was just pointing that there is a system, that already exists, and that is suitable to teach to newbies. It's called basic vtes. It's in the old rulebooks.

I've realized that the game needs a simplified version for new players

Players who cannot understand disciplines ? I 'd suggest you stop teaching to dumb people.

the level of animosity you have against me is incredible. Relax, just spank the monkey from time to time.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 18 Jul 2012 14:31 by Reyda.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds