file Vampire: the Embrace (initiation cards)

19 Jul 2012 11:39 #33477 by Ankha

Yeah, I don't want comments about something else than this demoing system.

There were comments about demoing system not about something else. The only difference was amount of changes that was proposed. Looks like you just wanted only comments about cosmetic changes and refused any other bringing wider impact.

Read the topic from page 1:

I think there other ways to simplify the game for new players.

The length of a demo game can be shortened if you only allow one or two learning players in such a game.

If you want to make a v:tes light, use less different cards, and less disciplines.

Though useful comments in another context, they completely miss the point.

And yes, I refuse "any other bringing wider impact". I thought it was clear from the start. Otherwise, I would have stated that I'm not happy with my system and I want people to help me build something. That's not the case.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruiza97

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2012 12:09 #33478 by ReverendRevolver
i'm somewhat confused, after having milled all of this over. almost every card makes sense to me, except for parity shift. yes, you've turned it into a less confusingly worded card, but its still not as cut and dry as KRC. politics is already a confusing part of the game (possibly the most confusing, since combat is at its core, an attrition module for the game as a whole, and broken into pres, maneuvers, strikes, damage, and press effects) i just wondered if players you've ran this with grasped the parity shift "concept" as easily as other actions.
and the votes are kind of unbalanced to favor the ventrue, but i think the table balancing with the ventrue deck makes sense, since its an intro to how ventrue can work. are all decks going to have all cards? since there is no way to put beads back on minions other than hunting and theft, theft is a really strong card with this.

More
19 Jul 2012 12:29 #33479 by Ankha

i'm somewhat confused, after having milled all of this over. almost every card makes sense to me, except for parity shift. yes, you've turned it into a less confusingly worded card, but its still not as cut and dry as KRC. politics is already a confusing part of the game (possibly the most confusing, since combat is at its core, an attrition module for the game as a whole, and broken into pres, maneuvers, strikes, damage, and press effects) i just wondered if players you've ran this with grasped the parity shift "concept" as easily as other actions.

With Parity Shift, I wanted to clearly illustrate some "deal" possibilities ("I can give you pool in exchange of..."). You can deal with KRC, but it's not as clear.
I'm open to any idea to replace it with something that has a clear deal possibility. Diversity? Con boon (though I don't want the table to gain to much pool)? Banishment?

and the votes are kind of unbalanced to favor the ventrue, but i think the table balancing with the ventrue deck makes sense, since its an intro to how ventrue can work. are all decks going to have all cards?

Even though there's no discipline, I'll respect the discipline spread. I won't put any intercept cards in the FoS deck for example.
Basically, the Ventrue will have the votes and political actions and some bleed. The Tremere will intercept, bleed and steal blood. Brujah will fight. Follower of Set will bleed stealth. I want the game to look a bit "realistic".

The table will be: Ventrue > Tremere > Brujah > Follower of Set.

since there is no way to put beads back on minions other than hunting and theft, theft is a really strong card with this.

Theft is quite strong, but if the Brujah feels too much pressure and backrushes, then the Tremere will suffer.

Prince of Paris, France

More
19 Jul 2012 12:46 #33481 by ReverendRevolver
i'm not sure what would be a not-clunky way to illustrate deal making that also gains pool. maybe a free states rant style card where 4 points are assigned to up to 4 vampires and they take a damage for each point if successful, with a built in bribes. or possibly a vote that taps a minion and untaps the voter with a built in bribes.
its really hard to keep the pool gain down and still illustrate the deal making concept. parity shift does seem to be the ideal card to illustrate it, but vtes politics +newbies is always my least favorite part of teaching new players.

More
20 Jul 2012 06:14 #33518 by Zenedar
I'm liking the idea since getting into vtes without having played any card games before is quite difficult (took a few months for me). Have you considered adding a deflection sort of card? Bouncing bleeds is quite fun for beginners I'd imagine.

More
20 Jul 2012 14:33 #33540 by Ankha

I'm liking the idea since getting into vtes without having played any card games before is quite difficult (took a few months for me). Have you considered adding a deflection sort of card? Bouncing bleeds is quite fun for beginners I'd imagine.

I thought about it but I thought it would make things more unbalanced (since the only clan I'd like to see deflecting would be the Brujah, which is not really realistic) and a bit more complicated, even if it's more fun. Deflection may be added later.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds