exclamation-circle Guardians of the Faith, a PDF VTES Set by PCK

11 Sep 2012 23:53 - 11 Sep 2012 23:54 #36527 by Lambach

I second you Izaak. I have also many good ideas for cards. Why should your card ideas become official and mine not. And because I am such a great guy, I dont mind if someboday is using my cards. Maybe I should do that. So you can start a revolution and split the community or maybe just shut up and let your bruised ego grow a pair.

As members of the original VEKN design team their cards would have become legal had there not been the huge row about the absence of the Design Team Leader and the change in design philosophy that prompted PCK to go their seperate way. So one difference between PCK and you is that the VEKN chose them initially to help design the new set and did not choose you. Another difference is that they have spent 5 months playtesting the cards in different playgroups and vetting them with the VEKN Rules meistro.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2012 23:54 by Lambach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude_PL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2012 01:28 #36528 by Juggernaut1981

Dear Izaak, Dorrinal, Ohlmann, and Reyda, thank you for sharing your feedback even if it was not what we had hoped. Also kudos to Juggernaut1981 for his thoughtful card analysis. We would have greatly appreciated your participation in our playtest process when your input would have been even more valuable. We encourage you to try these cards out in actual games and to let us know if your opinion has changed after fully exploring them.

Thanks Eric et al, but realistically as one of the Playtesters I'd prefer to err on the side of not getting in the firing line. Happy to make comments on cards that are publicly available/displayed but I don't want to be seen, or thought of, taking camps around all of this.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
12 Sep 2012 04:09 - 12 Sep 2012 15:23 #36531 by Damnans

So one difference between PCK and you is that the VEKN chose them initially to help design the new set and did not choose you.

That difference is merely circumstantial. Erol did not volunteer for designing the new set. PCK did.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 15:23 by Damnans.

More
12 Sep 2012 05:18 - 12 Sep 2012 08:31 #36536 by Daidalos
Replied by Daidalos on topic A memento
Dear PCK,

judging from your last posts you still plan on continuing your separate efforts, creating more new cards and flooding us all with your ideas. I kindly ask you not to. The reason I have is an intellectual one:
you are tenaciously undermining the integral unity of the game. I will never even touch your cards, not because I have any grudge against you, nor because I would not like the cards, but because I will never see the cards as a part of the game. They DO NOT EXIST. As long, as you are feeding the illusion, that the day might come, when we would all see through the lies of the Sauron-like chairperson and his Nazghul, and publish the cards, - a dangerous schism is jeopardizing the whole game. You cannot ask the players to disregard official game authorities. Without the authority, THERE IS NO GAME. Please do not try to have your own, very similar, yet, alas, independent rules. Create your own game if you have this creative potential! I mean it!
For the love of the game: stop making it schizophrenic.
I apologize for using this all too well known quote as the last memento, but I believe it kind of speaks to the point: “Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change,
he courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” St. Francis
From Prague, with love. Jakub

PS. EDIT: Sorry for posting this wrongly as a new topic. My mistake. Now I don't know how to delete it.

"I like to think there always are ...possibilities." Spock
:trem: :aus: :dom: :tha:
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 08:31 by jhattara. Reason: I assumed this post was meant for this thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur

More
12 Sep 2012 05:21 #36537 by Erol

As members of the original VEKN design team their cards would have become legal had there not been the huge row about the absence of the Design Team Leader and the change in design philosophy that prompted PCK to go their seperate way. So one difference between PCK and you is that the VEKN chose them initially to help design the new set and did not choose you. Another difference is that they have spent 5 months playtesting the cards in different playgroups and vetting them with the VEKN Rules meistro.

Yeah that maybe so, but I don't see the the real difference after they are not part of the design team anymore. If you are out, you are out.

I think that makes me angry at the most, is that they believe they have a right to say that they own the designed cards from a background that is not created by them. They just used terms from the WoD.

And I am sorry for the guys who have spent a lot of time playtesting the cards. It would feels like you had to playtest cards like "Code of Milan Suspended", "Transfer of Power" and "Monomancy".

:laso: :camarilla: :POT: :DOM: :DEM: :PRE: :cap8: - Prince of Karlsruhe, Germany
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
12 Sep 2012 05:29 #36538 by Ashur
Why can´t you just be content with V:EKN using some of you card ideas if they like them? Most people here would.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds