exclamation-circle Guardians of the Faith, a PDF VTES Set by PCK

12 Sep 2012 11:15 - 12 Sep 2012 11:23 #36571 by Lambach

OK your link is to a thread asking for potential artists for a new set dated mid July last year. Presumably this means that the new set had already been decided upon and was potentially already underway. Where's the thread announcing that there would be a new set and asking for volunteers to help design it? Jeff Kuta in his very first complaint about all this business claims he was contacted by the VEKN directly to work as a designer. Are you saying this is not true?

See also the rest of my response to your post. Even if I am completely wrong and everyone except me knew in real-time that this set was being developed, surely it was not just a matter of e-mailing in card ideas to become part of the Design Team. Surely there was some requirement of semi-serious commitment and willingness to do work.

Isn't this pushing it to the limit? ( ;) )

If you want hard data to make an opinion; the forum is open to your perusal. What is the point that you are tryng to make?

My only point was that this isn't just a willy nilly fan expansion posted by some dudes on the forums as some theoretical "what if" cards. It is a serious effort made by guys who were, initially at least, chosen by the VEKN to design a new tourney legal set that involved a lot of time and work.
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 11:23 by Lambach.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2012 13:43 #36583 by Damnans

Jeff Kuta in his very first complaint about all this business claims he was contacted by the VEKN directly to work as a designer. Are you saying this is not true?

It is not true. He applied first.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
12 Sep 2012 14:21 #36588 by Jeff Kuta

To clarify, in my original post I said:

I was privileged to be invited to join the V:EKN Design Team in mid-2011.

There was a call put out for people to apply, and I did so. Then the V:EKN extended an invitation to me based on that application. I accepted. Standard procedure.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
12 Sep 2012 20:30 - 12 Sep 2012 21:07 #36624 by KevinM

To clarify, in my original post I said:

I was privileged to be invited to join the V:EKN Design Team in mid-2011.

There was a call put out for people to apply, and I did so. Then the V:EKN extended an invitation to me based on that application. I accepted. Standard procedure.

Then why the copyright?

Why not just give your cards back to the VEKN and its play test group to use as they will?

Why not let bygones be bygones and try to heal the wounds that you've publicly created?

Why the continued demands upon demands upon demands on the part of your cadre?

When will it end, Jeff? After this thread stops getting posts? What does PCK want to consider this campaign a success?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 21:07 by KevinM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur

More
13 Sep 2012 00:56 - 13 Sep 2012 00:57 #36632 by blackday
I agree with Erol and Daidalos. If you've been asked to leave the VEKN design team, then that leaves any work for "official cards" in their hands and not somebody else's.
The majority of the people have expressed their opinion regarding this set, and as it stands most dont like it. Either because of the cards or the way it was presented.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 00:57 by blackday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Squidalot

More
13 Sep 2012 02:19 #36635 by ICL

Divergent Evolution seems too fiddly in real play (keeping track of which copy provides which discipline).

I've found Sanguine Instruction has a similar problem. However, it occurred to me that any discipline with a skill card can be marked with an actual copy of a skill card ... until we get discipline promo cards a la the anarch/corruption ones. Well, not quite. White box cards that dry erase or some such might need to be used.

Empowering the Curia doesn't have enough 'cardinal' cards to make it worth playing.

Priscus getting a free untap each turn after passing a vote isn't worth playing? It's a one-of sort of card, maybe something you Sibyl's Tongue out for your Korah if you want to build around it. Though, it's not unique, so you could keep pumping up the block's power, and there's no way to get rid of it.

Mustering the Forces is too "all or nothing". You either give a single bleed +5 or you reduce one bleed by 5. Not enough versatility to make it worth putting in.

I'd imagine someone would stop at putting two in play to have +2 bleed on the table every turn with a side benefit of Telepathic Counter on the table for when bleeding doesn't happen. It's not like anyone is required to build the whole deck around this card, either. Even +1/-1 is a permanent effect that doesn't suck.

Borrowed Time would be weak in any deck that can't bloat 1 or 2 pool regularly, but those decks won't need it anyway...

It is highly situational as to its impact, to where for most folks it would only seem to make sense as a metagame play. If your environment has fast decks and your deck isn't geared to stopping quick bleed (even though this is a basic design consideration), it might make sense. For me, I would be inclined to play it in any deck I run Failsafe - infernal decks. I wouldn't play it in decks just to plan on stopping an ousting bleed, but if it was already in the deck, it might mess up someone's ousting math and give you a turn you wouldn't have gotten that may or may not change the game.

But, whatever. I'm not sure about bemoaning how these cards aren't the best things ever. Tons of cards get made that aren't the best thing ever. I don't even think a Sabbat set is the important expansion for the game to begin with. Laibon need far more holes filled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: finbury

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds