check PCK Laibon Set Round 3 of Playtesting has Concluded

16 Jul 2013 09:39 #51627 by Lech

There is no benefit in using Prisci title over Cardinal. Best case scenario is that it's equal in value (as it grant 3 votes in some cases, and you can use some good cards), worst case scenario it don't give any votes at all and you can't play some cards that are prisci only.

Only idiot would argue that multiple prisci are better than multiple cardinals.

And only idiots would forget that priscus are smaller on average than even archbishop. Or that cardinal have nearly no advantage over priscus. It's not unlike saying that prince are less valuable than Inner Circle : you can have them for cap 7 without too much trouble.

Don't forget : if your priscus is not worth 3 votes, it can only be because you put two of them into play. It's like self-contesting prince title. Or arguing that printed justicar are bad because they prevent you from playing clan justicar title card.

(and cardinal card not playable by priscus are ... not very good. Do you really regret not being able to play Auto-da-fé or Deploy the Hand ?)

Priscus title is worth on average as much as archbishop title. If my priscus is not worth 3 votes is when someone else have priscus too, or Gratiano.

There is nice cardinal hunting ground, yes - i miss playing it (and papillon, in case of archbishops). Not to mention that some such cards may be released in future sets.

There is g4 !brujah crypt that have 2 decent prisci.

Don't get me wrong, prisci is decent title.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2013 09:53 #51628 by Ohlmann

Priscus title is worth on average as much as archbishop title. If my priscus is not worth 3 votes is when someone else have priscus too, or Gratiano.

If another people have one prisci, your own is still worth three vote, smply because it cancel the opposing one. There is no functional difference between you and your opponent having one prisci and you and your opponent having a cardinal, except as I say if you have two of them.

Otherwise, Priscus give 3 votes for 2 on archbishop. IIRC, there is some playable card for archbishop and not priscus, but mostly they are not very good.

In short, saying that prisci is a weak title and/or weaker than archbishop is a bit ridiculous, and using cardinal benediction on a priscus will almost alway be ridiculous. It's like making Alexandra justicar so she can play 2nd tradition : yes, you can, and yes, there is some corner case where this will be the best option, but it's not realistic.

More
16 Jul 2013 13:14 #51636 by Amenophobis

@Amenophobis:
The easiest idea would be to think of the kind of thing you might use to plug a hole in a boat or tyre before you did proper repairs. In English it is generally used either for:
- a temporary fix that is known from the outset to need to be replaced
- an inferior fix for a particular problem

Thank you for the elaboration. :)

If I understand you correctly, you view cards that are introduced into the game to have very specific effects against other cards/combos/strategies, or act as enhancers for other cards/strategies as "stop gaps"?
(Examples of this would be: Archon Investigation, Justicar Retribution, Anarch Convert, Cadet, Sire's Index Finger and many more.)

If that is the case, fine by me, but such a broad appliance of the term "stop gap" is a tad unusual.

More
16 Jul 2013 13:21 #51637 by Amenophobis

RE: Guardians of the Faith Set

1) Is there a thematic reason for Faustrecht[]?

Thematic reason would be that !Brujah are more likely to do things by force. Hence the name - loosely translated into "fist law/rule of force/law of the jungle".
We thought the name to be very appropriate. ;)

More
16 Jul 2013 14:38 #51638 by Jeff Kuta

Priscus is often considered a much weaker title than Cardinal or even Archbishop. Multiple Prisci aren't particularly helpful, and it is strictly better to upgrade your title via Cardinal Benediction.

I love this piece of thing. It's like saying that Justicar title are much weaker than Inner Circle or even prince.

Simple question:

Would you rather control 2 Prisci or 2 Archbishops?

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
16 Jul 2013 15:28 #51639 by Lech

If another people have one prisci, your own is still worth three vote, smply because it cancel the opposing one. There is no functional difference between you and your opponent having one prisci and you and your opponent having a cardinal, except as I say if you have two of them.

Otherwise, Priscus give 3 votes for 2 on archbishop. IIRC, there is some playable card for archbishop and not priscus, but mostly they are not very good.

In short, saying that prisci is a weak title and/or weaker than archbishop is a bit ridiculous, and using cardinal benediction on a priscus will almost alway be ridiculous. It's like making Alexandra justicar so she can play 2nd tradition : yes, you can, and yes, there is some corner case where this will be the best option, but it's not realistic.

Unless you both vote the same way, then each of you have 1,5 vote.

Yep, Papillon - decent hunting ground.

Using cardinal benediction on a prisci will never be worse than keeping him prisci (not counting action and referendum innate cost). Making alex justicar decrease your voting potential (3 vs 4 votes). Will calling cardinal benediction be almost always ridiculous ? Not when you have two of them, or anyone on the table have one. Is it common ? Not really, unless more good cards for sabbat are printed.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds