lightbulb Champions of Cagn Previews

26 Oct 2013 12:37 #55725 by jozxyqk
Yeah.. I guess I'd have to see the "Kholo only" cards before making a full judgment, but on the surface it seems like a step downward to go from an uncontestable title to a contestable title with the same number of votes.
(Nevermind NSFTM which is one of the strongest cards in the current Laibon toolkit)

From seeing just these cards so far, I do not see why you'd ever want to merge Eze, for example.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2013 12:51 #55726 by Klaital
Also I am not sure how the demon ally special fits to him fluffwise. Afaik he wasn't called 'The Demon Prince' because of his dealings with demons, but because he had so high presence that he was just damn scary, even to other kindred. As described in the flavor text of Unholy Radiance:

"Eze terrified both mortal and Laibon alike, for his unholy strength and overwhelming force of will."
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM, Pendargon

More
26 Oct 2013 17:38 - 26 Oct 2013 17:44 #55729 by Surreal

Kholo is generally not as good a title as magaji. So, on its own, this seems odd.
Does the base version of this vampire have an advantage if he is a Kholo?

I have to say that having almost clear downgrade as a merge ability is new design space that haven't been used before. :cheer:
Last edit: 26 Oct 2013 17:44 by Surreal.

More
26 Oct 2013 17:48 #55730 by Klaital

Kholo is generally not as good a title as magaji. So, on its own, this seems odd.
Does the base version of this vampire have an advantage if he is a Kholo?

I have to say that having almost clear downgrade as a merge ability is new design space that haven't been used before. :cheer:

It has been done before! Reverend Adams merged is also strictly worse than either the basic or advanced versions alone.

More
27 Oct 2013 01:52 #55744 by Jeff Kuta
Badriya ("beautiful like the sea", female)

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
27 Oct 2013 05:16 #55745 by Klaital
Making vampire that have inherent kholo titles just seriously weakens the whole kholo mechanic, which is awesome way to get extra titles in play without anyone being able to do a damn thing about it (apart from DI). Otherwise too, these 11 caps with no +bleed or overly noteworthy special abilities just look bad overall. Sure they have huge laundry list of discplines, but how often you use more than 4 discplines in a deck anyway (anarch three ways don't count).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds