exclamation-circle Champions of Cagn Unbound!

03 Dec 2013 15:52 #57436 by jamesatzephyr

And Overseer is a fairly janky card at the best of times. It seems to be organised in reverse... it seems odd that Princes and Justicars get more say in the Ebony Kingdom than their own rulers.

Try not to think too hard about the WoD-side of V:TES politics. It regularly falls apart, explanation-wise, if you stare at it with any intensity. And then you say "Oh, well, Methuselahs are involved so..."

I would guess the situation is something like Guruhi are the most influential clan in Laibon politics (making it sort of a Guruhi Justicar card, with the extra votes). And it's notable that - from a theme point of view - Magaji can vote it down and have just as much say as a Prince. They just can't pass it. Obviously, that's a bit arse for competitive play outside of a Laibon-based storyline or draft.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2013 19:44 #57443 by Juggernaut1981
Frankly, I wouldn't trade away NSFtM for any of the "Kholo" cards.

The other Magaji cards are okay, not brilliant. But NSFtM rivals 2nd Trad and may be better because of lower ongoing cost in cards and blood. I can't see a good reason why I would not have NSFtM in a deck with a Magaji.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
03 Dec 2013 19:55 #57445 by Dorrinal
No Secrets From The Magaji is the fucking high bar. It is pure, unfiltered bullshit and if you are going to introduce abilities to a competing title they better add up to something awesome.

:trem:

More
03 Dec 2013 20:17 #57448 by Amenophobis

No Secrets From The Magaji is the fucking high bar. It is pure, unfiltered bullshit and if you are going to introduce abilities to a competing title they better add up to something awesome.

Do you mean it's overpowered?

More
03 Dec 2013 20:57 #57450 by Dorrinal
It's on the line. It is a card that needs to be reckoned with at deck construction: what do I do when someone can block with +1 intercept, forever?

:trem:

More
03 Dec 2013 22:55 #57455 by Juggernaut1981
And it was also designed by LSJ...

NSFtM is a brilliant card. Highly card efficient, no ongoing cost. Its downside is vulnerability to Block Fails and that because of it being permanent otherwise... it's a brilliant card. Of course you'd use it as a benchmark for cards.

A card for Magaji that would be more powerful than NSFtM would probably be broken. I'd be putting NSFtM at the top end of the power curve.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds