exclamation-circle Champions of Cagn Unbound!

02 Dec 2013 23:19 #57414 by Klaital

Where did you get the idea that Kholo sucks? Its awesome because its way to get titles on the table, even to weenies, without anyone else being able to do a damn thing about it, apart from DI.

Unique title. It's worth the same votes as Magaji and can be contested.

And you see multiple laibon votes decks at the same table often, eh? I have literally never seen two laibon vote decks at the same table, ever. So the chance of them being contested is very, very slim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2013 23:45 #57416 by Juggernaut1981
So you'd prefer to pay 11 pool to get that vote title that does not allow you to get access to ANY Magaji cards (Kholo != Magaji) instead of adding in a copy or two of the matching Kholo card in your library? Why not just play Legendary Vampire then if you're after votes, because it also gives you bleed!

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
02 Dec 2013 23:51 #57417 by Klaital

So you'd prefer to pay 11 pool to get that vote title that does not allow you to get access to ANY Magaji cards (Kholo != Magaji) instead of adding in a copy or two of the matching Kholo card in your library? Why not just play Legendary Vampire then if you're after votes, because it also gives you bleed!

I am not sure who you are replying to, but if its me then you got what I am saying all wrong, I was replying to Jeff saying how kholos sucked so they had to make support to them, by saying that the original kholo cards (aka the action modifier/reaction to get a title during any referendum) ones rock. Which is why its really counter productive to add vampires with inherent kholo titles as it actually makes kholo titles weaker. Kholos also help you get more magaji, since while magaji can't vote for Overseer, kholo can. Also there is pretty much one magaji requiring card that ever sees play, aka no secrets. While yes there is also Remnant, but I have never seen it played the normal way, only with summon history.

More
03 Dec 2013 00:16 #57419 by Juggernaut1981
I was suggesting that the 'built-in' Kholos as part of this set are basically useless. In almost all cases you would prefer to have a built in Magaji so you could have access to NSFtM.

Belonging Grants Protection is middle-of-the-road (it's actually probably pretty good for the Akunanse with their FOR, possibly also reasonable for the Ishtarri if you didn't want to use Enchant Kindred)

Travelers Obey the Tenets would be reasonably good in a wall deck to slow down aggressive predators. Osebo could make good use of it, so could Akunanse, the Guruhi get limited mileage from it.

The "Kholo Card" far outstrips a built-in Kholo. And Overseer is a fairly janky card at the best of times. It seems to be organised in reverse... it seems odd that Princes and Justicars get more say in the Ebony Kingdom than their own rulers.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
03 Dec 2013 08:23 - 03 Dec 2013 08:24 #57425 by Amenophobis

Where did you get the idea that Kholo sucks? Its awesome because its way to get titles on the table, even to weenies, without anyone else being able to do a damn thing about it, apart from DI.

Unique title. It's worth the same votes as Magaji and can be contested.

In practice, it's only contested for one round. The older Laibon will yield first, he gets the title back once it's in play again.

Also note that Champions of Cagn contains a number of cards which can be used by Kholos, so they should benefit.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2013 08:24 by Amenophobis.

More
03 Dec 2013 08:28 #57426 by Amenophobis

I was suggesting that the 'built-in' Kholos as part of this set are basically useless. In almost all cases you would prefer to have a built in Magaji so you could have access to NSFtM.

Belonging Grants Protection is middle-of-the-road (it's actually probably pretty good for the Akunanse with their FOR, possibly also reasonable for the Ishtarri if you didn't want to use Enchant Kindred)

Travelers Obey the Tenets would be reasonably good in a wall deck to slow down aggressive predators. Osebo could make good use of it, so could Akunanse, the Guruhi get limited mileage from it.

The "Kholo Card" far outstrips a built-in Kholo. And Overseer is a fairly janky card at the best of times. It seems to be organised in reverse... it seems odd that Princes and Justicars get more say in the Ebony Kingdom than their own rulers.

So you are saying that the only Magaji-exclusive card which is worth to be played is No Secrets?
Ok. I tend to agree here.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds