file Mage: the Ascension variant

16 Feb 2012 08:21 - 16 Feb 2012 08:24 #23306 by Ankha
Which card are you talking about?

All debts work the same way: you help another Methuselah and he'll be in debt with you while the card is in play. He may choose to cancel it though when it's played, so you can't force him or her to be in debt with you.

Typical case:

Name: Call of Blood
Cardtype: Reaction
Sphere: Life. Spirit.
Requires a ready mage. Only usable when a vampire with blood is hunting. Debt.
Put this card on the acting vampire and that vampire enters combat with a vampire with blood controlled by another Methuselah instead. You may burn this card to move 1 blood from the vampire to this mage. The acting vampire's controller may cancel this card as it is played.

Meth A: "I can't back rush, I don't have a rush card in hand".
Meth B (playing mages): "Well, I can provide a rush if you want, you just have to hunt with your vampire"
Meth A "Ok. Hunt"
Meth B "I play Call of Blood; do you want to cancel it?"
Meth A "no, I'll enter combat with Dolphin Black"

(I have to change the wording. The card is only usable as the action is announced and becomes a (D) action)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 16 Feb 2012 08:24 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2012 09:14 #23320 by Pascal Bertrand
"the acting vampire's controller may choose to cancel this card as it is played" would be clearer

More
16 Feb 2012 15:26 #23333 by mousnich
mode french on

Mouais...

mode french off.

I didn't get the fact that it was to help other metusela. Don't really think it's ok. In most case, i would cancel the card.

More
16 Feb 2012 15:50 #23334 by jamesatzephyr

Meth B (playing mages): "Well, I can provide a rush if you want, you just have to hunt with your vampire"
Meth A "Ok. Hunt"

If you want A to be able to set the terms of the card, you probably also need to make the wording allow that. As things stand, the playing Methuselah sets the terms of the card before it's cancelled (e.g. I tell you how much I play Minion Tap for, before you play Sudden Reversal). A different Methuselah choosing the term after the cancellation window has passed isn't immediately apparent from the wording.

More
16 Feb 2012 20:17 - 16 Feb 2012 20:18 #23344 by Ankha

Meth A "Ok. Hunt"

If you want A to be able to set the terms of the card, you probably also need to make the wording allow that. As things stand, the playing Methuselah sets the terms of the card before it's cancelled (e.g. I tell you how much I play Minion Tap for, before you play Sudden Reversal). A different Methuselah choosing the term after the cancellation window has passed isn't immediately apparent from the wording.

I've reworded it prior to your comment, I don't know if your remark still applies:

Name: Call of Blood
Cardtype: Reaction
Sphere: Life. Spirit.
Requires a ready mage. Only usable when a vampire with blood announces a hunt action. Debt.
Put this card on the acting vampire and that vampire enters combat with a vampire with blood controlled by another Methuselah as a +1 stealth (D) action instead. You may burn this card to move 1 blood from the vampire to this mage. The acting vampire's controller may choose to cancel this card as it is played.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 16 Feb 2012 20:18 by Ankha.

More
17 Feb 2012 20:53 - 17 Feb 2012 20:54 #23427 by Pullen
To add on to the debt card conversation, I believe you need the "you still control this card" text on them in order to burn them for the benefit. Also on "Call of Blood" blood counters can't turn into life counters, so it would be more of "Burn this card to burn one blood off this vampire and to add one life to the mage that played this card." in order for it to work as intended.

Also the debt cards are an awesome way to screw with the table, great job on thous.

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:
Last edit: 17 Feb 2012 20:54 by Pullen.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds