file Ideas in Anarchy

21 Oct 2014 16:05 #66843 by alasteir
Replied by alasteir on topic Re: Ideas in Anarchy
I will put every card here and say what I think:

Free State Citizen
Action
Requires a Baron.
Put this card on a vampire in your uncontrolled region with 2 blood from the blood bank and any amount of blood from this Baron. When the vampire with this card enters the ready region, it becomes an Anarch.

A free Zillah's Valley that is played as an action, targeting vampire that does not need to be younger? I want 20, please. You can setup to have UNA transformed on a baron and playing this without paying the cost for a freak drive and put dozens of weenie vampires in play. Too overpower.

Forbidden Fruit
Action
Hunt. +1 stealth.
Gain 1 blood from the blood bank or as a action steal one life from a mortal ally or retainer controlled by your predator or prey. If this acting minion is not an Anarch, this minion becomes an Anarch as this action is announced.

Why he should become anarch after hunting? Is there any mean on this (lore)?

Charm Offensive
Action
2 blood
Cel/Obf/Pre
Requires an Anarch.
A vampire may use any or all of the disciplines listed.
Bleed.
cel If this action is successful, untap when resolving the action.
obf Younger vampires and mortal allies have -1 intercept.
pre +1 bleed for each mortal ally controlled by the target of the bleed.

Why a 3 way discipline card? Why not forget about the :obf: and turn it on a cel/pre card? We have plenty of brujah and toreador as anarchs.

Skeletons in the Cupboard
Action
1 blood
Aus/Nec/Tha
Requires an Anarch.
A vampire may use any or all of the disciplines listed.
Bleed.
aus Name an action in your prey's ashheap. If they have any copies in their hand, they reveal one and this vampire gains +1 bleed.
nec Remove an ally in your prey's ashheap from the game to gain +1 bleed.
tha Name a reaction in your prey's ashheap. Playing copies of that card costs your prey +1 blood for the rest of this action.

Did you really understand that Anarch are formed by a major of young and modern vampires, renegade sons and clanless ones? How can a restritive discipline like NEC be learned by more than a few of them? Even thaumaturgy is rare on their ranks. Also, a mill and bleed increase card? I really don't like the "you can use one or all the effects".

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2014 20:36 #66856 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Ideas in Anarchy

I will put every card here and say what I think:

A free Zillah's Valley that is played as an action, targeting vampire that does not need to be younger? I want 20, please. You can setup to have UNA transformed on a baron and playing this without paying the cost for a freak drive and put dozens of weenie vampires in play. Too overpower.

It's not a Zillah's Valley, if anything it is Reunion Kamut for Anarchs. Becoming a Baron is not trivial. There is one Printed Baron (Brunhilde ADV) and one or two Merged Barons.

Forbidden Fruit
Why he should become anarch after hunting? Is there any mean on this (lore)?

It's in the name. Eating the things you shouldn't eat... like the retainers of those in power. Or their mortal allies.

Charm Offensive
Why a 3 way discipline card? Why not forget about the :obf: and turn it on a cel/pre card? We have plenty of brujah and toreador as anarchs.

The anarch 3-way is so that you can use it a: Settite Anarch, Toreador Anarch, !Toreador Anarch, Brujah Anarch, !Brujah Anarch, Ishtarri Anarch, !Gangrel (City Style) Anarch and anyone else who happens to have splashed in an inferior out of clan discipline (like a Brujah with obf, or a FoS with cel for instance)

Skeletons in the Cupboard
Did you really understand that Anarch are formed by a major of young and modern vampires, renegade sons and clanless ones? How can a restritive discipline like NEC be learned by more than a few of them? Even thaumaturgy is rare on their ranks. Also, a mill and bleed increase card? I really don't like the "you can use one or all the effects".

All three disciplines exist in a number of out-of-clan young vampires. Take Tremere, !Tremere, Followers of Set, Nagaraja, Harbingers... there are quite a few young vampires with odd disciplines.

To explain why the 'three-ways'...
Keystone Kine is actually a strong concept, but the combination of :cel::nec::obf: makes it rarely usable at more than one level. The idea behind the majority of these three-way cards is to instead make them generally usable at two disciplines (e.g. Charm Offensive at :obf::pre:) and possibly at three disciplines.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: alasteir

More
22 Oct 2014 00:50 #66861 by alasteir
Replied by alasteir on topic Re: Ideas in Anarchy
What about the forbidden fruit requiring a ready anarch in play to be played?

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.

More
22 Oct 2014 05:10 #66864 by HG.fi
Replied by HG.fi on topic Re: Ideas in Anarchy

The conditions on playing the card make the rest easier.
1) You must be successfully bleeding someone. They would become "the Methuselah".
2) locations controlled by the Methuselah are things like KRCG, The Rack, Hunting Grounds, etc
3) On a ready minion means a minion the Methuselah you are bleeding has a ready with an item of equipment

OK, but then it should say so in the card text. The way it's worded now lets its player steal equipment cross table. Your design intent is clear, but the wording is not.

Note: I should amend the dominate to allow you to take control of in play locations as well.

You think it's not poweful enough already??? :ohmy:

More
22 Oct 2014 05:47 - 22 Oct 2014 05:49 #66865 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: Ideas in Anarchy
Days of Anarchy
Unique Master - Trifle?

1 :pool:

Put this card in play
During his master phase any Methuselah can change the sect of ONE untitled vampire to anarch.

Burn this card during your next untap phase.

Just joined the revolution

Master
1 :pool:

Put this card on vampire with a city title. That vampire is now anarch and baron of that city.

Popular vote
:modifier:

:pre: Non anarch titles are worth 1 less vote during this referendum.
:dom: Gain 2 votes or 4 votes if this vampire is a baron
:obt: The next political action called by an anarch is at +1 stealth and with 2 additional votes for the referendum.

Call the mob
:action:
2 :blood:

:aus: Move the top card from your crypt to your uncontrolled region and put this card on it. When the non-titled, non-anarch vampire with this card enters play burn this card. This vampire is now anarch.

:nec: Move all the burned vampires back to each players crypt. Each Methuselah shuffles his or her crypt and then moves one card from his or her crypt to his or her uncontrolled region

:vis: Choose a Gargoyle. That Gargoyle loses any existing slave status. That Gargoyle is now anarch.

Political Leader
:action: :political:

Title.

Choose a ready anarch with capacity 4 or more. If this referendum is successful, put this card on the chosen anarch to represent the unique anarch title of Political Leader (worth 3 votes). In this referendum, each anarch gets 1 extra vote.

Bad Press
Master

1:pool:
Require a ready anarch

Master: out-of-turn. Trifle. Do not replace until your next untap phase.

Usable during the referendum of a political action. Not usable on a referendum that is automatically passing. The referendum fails.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2014 05:49 by wesile.

More
22 Oct 2014 22:08 #66888 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Ideas in Anarchy
I would want to avoid making more master cards, purely because of the precedent set by Galaric's Legacy, Into the Fire and Out of the Frypan. If you have to search for the last two, that's kind of my point.

As a housekeeping thing, the blue is really hard to read on my screen at least, so I figure I'm not the only one.

With all of those, there should either be more restrictions (i.e. Requires Anarch) or they should be slightly depowered to add in "Make the minion Anarch".

Popular Vote is okay at Presence, it's basically just Bewitching Oration at Dominate (and I don't really like that personally) and for Obtenebration it gives extra votes?? I'd have been more inclined to write it as:

Popular Vote
Action Modifier
Requires an Anarch.
Only usable during a political action. A vampire may use any or all of the disciplines listed.

:pre: Non-anarch vampires have 1 less vote during this action.
:dom: Once this action force a younger vampire or ally to fail their block attempt or if this vampire is a Baron force a younger vampire to vote as you want during this action.
:obt: Vampires without Obtenebration have -1 intercept during this action.

Call the Mob isn't much use, except for there being the option for badly abusing it with self-exploding vampires. Plus, you can only use the card at one of the three, not potentially all three at once. I tried about three different ways to build something that might work and ended up with HUGE walls of text.

Political Leader seems a bit... bland.

Che's Dead Brother
Political Action
Unique. Title.
Choose a ready Anarch vampire. The vampire with this title may play cards as if they were a Baron. When this vampire calls a political action, non-Anarch vampires get -1 vote during the referendum. This vampire has 1 vote plus 1 more vote for every ready Baron.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesile

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds