file Some g2 vampires I feel would deserve advanced versions

01 Aug 2015 05:28 #72304 by direwolf

Radeyah, from toreador camarilla starter, could use some help too

[pot]

[CEL]
[Toreador] Toreador

Capacity: 6

Group: 2

Camarilla: As a (D) action, Radeyah can enter combat with any Follower of Set controlled by another Methuselah.

Radeyah, advanced
:adv: :cap6: :tore:
:pot: :pre: :CEL:
Once per combat, Redeyah may move a combat card played by an opposing vampire to your hand.
:merged: +1 Strength.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2015 05:36 - 01 Aug 2015 05:37 #72305 by direwolf

Elisabetta Romane
6 with four wonky disciplines at basic and conditional bleed bonus. I would so love to use her in some anarch deck, but she's suffering the primogen disease. An advance version without title and perhaps one of her disciplines updated for superior status would be nice.

Elisabetta Romane, advanced
:adv: :cap6: :trem:
:dom: :pro: :qui: :tha:
Camarilla primogen. While Elisabetta is ready, Tremere you control gain one level of Quietus :qui: .
:merged: When Elisabetta merges, she may become anarch. While Elisabetta is Camarilla, she has +1 bleed against Methuselahs who control an independent vampire.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
Last edit: 01 Aug 2015 05:37 by direwolf.

More
01 Aug 2015 05:44 #72306 by direwolf

Nakova, Advocate of Golgonda
a six cap primogen with only three points of disciplines. The combat special seems interesting, but I have no idea how she should be developed to really make her playable.

Nakova, Advocate of Golconda, advanced
:adv: :cap6: :vent:
:pot: :FOR:
Camarilla. While Nakova is ready, the capacity requirement of "Golconda, Inner Peace" is reduced by 2.
:merged: If Nakova would go to torpor during combat, burn her instead and draw a crypt card.

More
01 Aug 2015 05:57 #72307 by direwolf

Patrizia Giovanni
5 cap three exotic disciplines at basic. I guess her special could give her a place in Khazar's diary deck, but otherwise I have no idea what to do with her as she is now.

Patrizia Giovanni, advanced
:adv: :cap5: :giov:
:dom: :nec: :qui: :tha:
Independent. Infernal. Allies and retainers cost Patrizia one less blood or pool. If she successfully employs a retainer, untap her.
:merged: When Patrizia is merged choose a discipline she gains a level of Necomancy :nec: , Quietus :qui: or Thaumaturgy :tha: .

More
01 Aug 2015 06:03 #72308 by direwolf

Violet Tremain
Elisabetta's counterpart in Sabbat. Another 6 cap, with strange disciplines, weak title and nifty combat special, but because of missing auspex, no viable way to get in combat. I think she is supposed to be a Khodun sorcerer, so advanved version without title, :THA: and enter combat special would be awesome. That is vampire I would totally play with, and merging would allow to jerk around with basic versions capacity reducing effect, leading to all kinds of evil builds.

Violet Tremain
:adv: :cap6: :tzim:
:dom: :pre: :tha: :VIC:
Sabbat bishop. violet has +1 strength against younger vampires.
:merged: Violet may reduce the capacity by 1 of a vampire the same age or older as a (d) action that costs 1 blood.

More
02 Aug 2015 10:53 #72315 by Asnek
i think you are forgetting her value - discipline set and no title... she is great anarch with dominate to bounce and thaumaturgy for Crimeth Inc or some other nasty tricks...
great highest cap vampire for Undue influence weenie bleed deck with split of dominate for defense added by few additional ventrues in crypt.
in this case i believe that if you place title on advanced version directly whole idea of playing basic and advanced version instead of 2 basic version will be lost. (or add some other combination)
other effect i see here is that even if anybody considered to play her in any deck, advanced version will immediately replace basic version and basic version will start to get omitted completely.
same will happen with whole 'merge mechanics' instead of merging vampires people will simply start to play advanced versions of vampires.

pretty much same example you have here little bit above with Nakova Advocate of Golconda. i would build deck going to use her reduce golconda capacity effect and i would never consider to merge her because of her disadvantage - it might screw my deck right away...

i spent quite a lot of time thinking about advanced vampires and you can't simply add value to vampire by disciplines / yummy special / gain votes / capacity. i found out that there are plenty thinks to consider and to remember single one of them might be devastating in overall effect.
- do you plan just to create advance versions for vampires you consider they need it? what are 'your' requirements and/or expectations? aren't you just boosting some of your own ideas?
- wouldn't advanced versions just replace basic versions in deck building? (example brunhilde ADV is played 90% more often than Basic version and/or merged one)
- fortitude + increase capacity (+soulgem) = hell :)
- canonical background story for some particular vampires might affect their 'specials'? (sometimes should - see Theo Bell ADV, Helena ADV for example)
- what mechanics does designed ADV + Merged version support the best? is it same mechanics that vampire was used for already? (example merging Nergal will just increase his power-bleed capacities)
- does ADV + Merged vampire bring new mechanics/tricks/possibilities? how many will there be? just one or there will be more worthy possibilities?(example Maria stone Basic gangrel antitribu advanced Ahriman - clan change, lost and gained card options, might change whole crypt setup)
- merged votes should rather not contest. at least i would recommend to use titles that can't be contested by 'cards'. careful here as canonical data can 'determine' mainly city titles, but not only. (example tegyrius vizier - merged Assimite Justicar, jeremy mcNeil - merged baron of LA)
- do you want to improve some low used game mechanics? (example Yazit Tamrari - merged getting anarch)
- something i didn't mention above but you find out :)

:hosk: :dem: :val: :for: :AUS: :NEC: :SER: :cap7:

assholepopulation.com/
Did u saw one today?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds