file Some g2 vampires I feel would deserve advanced versions

11 Jun 2015 07:39 #71641 by Whisker
Hi!
With everybody discussing how to make merging vampires easier, I will throw down my musing about a few g2 vampires I feel would need boost to make em more playable or interesting. All of these have some interesting qualities, but never seem to make the par of actually being included in a deck.

I feel that advanced versions of vampires need to build upon, their basic counterparts. What I mean is, that advanced version should not simply wallpaper the old one, but that there should be something interesting in the basic version that would encourage to actually merging the different versions.

Patrizia Giovanni
5 cap three exotic disciplines at basic. I guess her special could give her a place in Khazar's diary deck, but otherwise I have no idea what to do with her as she is now.

Nakova, Advocate of Golgonda
a six cap primogen with only three points of disciplines. The combat special seems interesting, but I have no idea how she should be developed to really make her playable.

Elisabetta Romane
6 with four wonky disciplines at basic and conditional bleed bonus. I would so love to use her in some anarch deck, but she's suffering the primogen disease. An advance version without title and perhaps one of her disciplines updated for superior status would be nice.

Violet Tremain
Elisabetta's counterpart in Sabbat. Another 6 cap, with strange disciplines, weak title and nifty combat special, but because of missing auspex, no viable way to get in combat. I think she is supposed to be a Khodun sorcerer, so advanved version without title, :THA: and enter combat special would be awesome. That is vampire I would totally play with, and merging would allow to jerk around with basic versions capacity reducing effect, leading to all kinds of evil builds.

How would you develop these four vampires? What other vampires you feel would need advanced versions, and why? What makes the current version annoying or difficult to play with or what good there is in the basic version that you would like to give another change to use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2015 09:07 #71643 by Klaital
Add Petru Sipos to that list. That guy is basically 7 cap that should be a 6 cap based on the amount of stuff he has, and even then would be rather situational due to having only one superior in-clan discpline, and then a superior out of clan that pretty much nobody else with similar discplines to his has.

More
11 Jun 2015 09:26 #71647 by jamesatzephyr
I'd happily see advanced versions of all the vampires you mention but...

Violet Tremain
Elisabetta's counterpart in Sabbat. Another 6 cap, with strange disciplines, weak title and nifty combat special,

This is pretty much just a terrible combat special. Fiddling around with capacity reduction in combat is pretty much terrible when what you really want to do is Taste their blood and send them to torpor, or possibly burn them outright, or disable the vampire in some other way.

For Violet-Adv, I'd personally consider something like:
6 cap, VIC aus dom pre tha, no title, minor combative special.

Perhaps "Once per combat, Violet can burn a blood for a maneuver." In naive design point terms, that's over the 6 she's entitled to, but I think it's justified by virtue of the fact that no Animalism makes her a usable-but-awkward Tzimisce and aus/dom/tha at 6 makes her a usable-but-awkward "Tremere".

More
11 Jun 2015 13:45 #71657 by a-e

Violet Tremain
Elisabetta's counterpart in Sabbat. Another 6 cap, with strange disciplines, weak title and nifty combat special, but because of missing auspex, no viable way to get in combat. I think she is supposed to be a Khodun sorcerer, so advanved version without title, :THA: and enter combat special would be awesome. That is vampire I would totally play with, and merging would allow to jerk around with basic versions capacity reducing effect, leading to all kinds of evil builds.

Name: Violet Tremain (ADV)
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Tzimisce
Group: 2
Level: Advanced
Capacity: 6
Discipline: aus dom pre tha vic
Sabbat: +1 strength.
[MERGED] Archbishop of New York: Violet may enter combat with any older vampire as +1 stealth (D) action.

No title when unmerged, so can be used as anarch. Merged has better title (She was Bishop, soon after Archbishop of New York and now had vanished under unexplained circumstances [RaNY]) and enter combat special that will limit itself with +1 strength and base version special.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki
The following user(s) said Thank You: snegiem

More
11 Jun 2015 21:56 #71664 by Nac
Radeyah, from toreador camarilla starter, could use some help too

[pot]

[CEL]
[Toreador] Toreador

Capacity: 6

Group: 2

Camarilla: As a (D) action, Radeyah can enter combat with any Follower of Set controlled by another Methuselah.

More
01 Aug 2015 02:27 #72303 by snegiem
thanks to have learned me that violet was formerly archbishop of new york (it was only mentioned in a very little known book of the WoD) :)

Besides I always loved this vampire base version: she has 3 bleed disciplines (presence, dominate and vicissitude), great possibillities too about combat (aggravated with thaumaturgie and vicissitude, combat ends with presence)

i met only two troubles:
- how to mix her with other vampires ? in fact her disciplines in basic version made her more prone to be in a ventrue deck (dom + pre) but her "weak" title and only basic presence made her weak for voting decks (and the fact she is sabbat is not an asset as well)
with tremere or tremere anti tribu she was sharing dom and tha but as she has no auspex, she could only go for combat/bleed decks

- except for thaumaturgy (blood fury, serenading the kami,...) and maybe two cards of viciccitudes, none of her disciplines would give her strength bonus... so she had no possibillities to use her special power (ok there is this sabbat ritual which gives +1 strength but no one is really using it)

so an advanced version with +1 strength base seems good for me... as well as the archbishop title...
i remind you that advanced version can be "older" than basic version, so you could have put her one level of auspex or animalism in order to make her more smooth to be integrated with other tzimisce for example...

the only thing i m maybe a little bit sad about is the "rush" ability. many of group 2 have already such abilities. i would have rather increase her bleed ability or give her something more unique to reflect her thaumaturgical/vicissitude abilities such as a younger minion successfully blocking violet does not untap as normal during his controller next untap, or a methusaleh bled by violet burns the first card of his crypt...

i had a bunch of idea about nakova, i will open a post on her soon but have to go to work for the moment...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds