file Card Idea: Exoskeleton

27 Oct 2015 21:03 #73897 by jamesatzephyr

I think that any damage prevention card given to vicissitude should have a "from the opposing minion's strike" clause like Rego Motus. I assume that Rego Motus was written that way to prevent shenanigans with Burst of Sunlight, and a vicissitude card should be wary about similar shenanigans with Breath of the Dragon.

The interaction between Rego Motus and Burst became somewhat less relevant with the printing of Flames of the Netherworld , given you get first round agg damage out of it. There's still a niche for Burst of Sunlight - extra damage at the superior, usable at close range - but the walls haven't exactly come tumbling down now that Thaumaturgy has first round, non-self-immolating agg damage.

And if a Tzimisce deck really wants to mess with you at close range without immolating itself, Chiropteran Marauder (with VIC) is also available - and at two cards and two blood (one for Breath, one for Exo) at inferior Vicissitude, it's unlikely to be super popular, I'd've thought.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2015 21:33 - 27 Oct 2015 21:56 #73898 by Maddog
Exoskeleton

Type: Combat

Cost: 1 blood

Only usable before strikes are chosen. A vampire can play only one Exoskeleton per combat.

[vic] This vampire can prevent up to 2 damage from an opposing minion this combat.

[VIC] As above, prevent up to 3 damage.

I take your point re: bone counters and timing clause James.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2015 21:56 by Maddog.

More
27 Oct 2015 23:07 - 27 Oct 2015 23:09 #73900 by brettscho

Some excellent points

Yeah, I actually agree with you. I think I'm over-estimating the likelihood that Breath of the Dragon + this card could be a problem. You've officially swayed me :)

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2015 23:09 by brettscho.

More
27 Oct 2015 23:07 - 27 Oct 2015 23:10 #73901 by brettscho
Huh... could have sworn I hit "Cancel" instead of "Submit"... does anybody know how to delete a post? Thanks!

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2015 23:10 by brettscho.

More
27 Oct 2015 23:56 #73902 by Maddog

Huh... could have sworn I hit "Cancel" instead of "Submit"... does anybody know how to delete a post? Thanks!

Good question, I don't know either. I just login and edit.

More
28 Oct 2015 08:00 #73903 by jamesatzephyr

Cancel doesn't work , and hasn't done for several years .

If you find yourself writing a post/reply and don't want to submit it - just navigate away to another page. Hit one of the Forum links at the top of the page or something.

If you find you've posted something and want to delete it, the easiest thing to do is Edit the post and just wipe the content. Maybe replacing it with something like "Deleted - posted in error", or whatever.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds