file [Submission] Deranged Mokolé

30 Sep 2018 20:20 #90850 by LivesByProxy
What's the flavor justification for requiring a scare vampire? You said you wanted to encourage people to play scare vampires... why this guy and not something else? I find it very strange a Salubri or True Brujah would team up with this guy... I guess the Nagaraja or Abominations make slightly more sense but it's still a weak connection IMO.

The scarce vampires could use some support, but why a were-crocodile?

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2018 21:18 #90852 by ReverendRevolver
It's way off mechanically.

Non-Fallen Fera aren't likely to align with Wyrm creatures, so anything Garou or Changing breeds is a bit of a stretch.
Corax, Anansi, wererats, and garou are common enough that its logical a few crazy ones would willingly aid vampires. Mokole, Naga, and Rokea are so much fewer in number that it's far less likely. The only wyrm tainted Mokole are deliberately destroying and altering Gaias memory(mokoles purpose is being her memory) , so maybe one of those are an OK template, simple derangement isn't enough for non-tainted fera.

Some vampires (Mictulanchuli, cant think of any more ATM) aren't as tainted, but not many.

Trujah make the most sense as temporary allies.

A unique badass Werelizard would be cool as hell, but substantially more changes would need to happen, including it being cost-wise up there with Remnant.
Cool shit Mokole could offer:
+hand size for access to Gaias memory
Some have wings in war form
Extra resilience of skin
Some have poisonous bites
Can look cool as hell.

I dont hate the idea, it's just not where it could be.

More
01 Oct 2018 05:23 #90862 by Mateusz

What's the flavor justification for requiring a scare vampire?

Actually there is none, but i guess that scarce vampires act way more in the background and have some secret resources and hidden connections to other supernaturals. Where is the reason High Top can only be hired by Ahrimanes? Or Renegade Garou only by Gangrel? You cant create each and every card with 100% fluff contribution.

The scarce vampires could use some support, but why a were-crocodile?

Because:
a) It is something that exists in WoD
b) It is something not in the game yet
c) What would be a better suggestion in yur opinion?

"Renegade Garou, can do!"

More
01 Oct 2018 12:46 #90877 by Klaital
It seems super weak to me. 3 strength is ok, but no manuevers or presses or additional strikes or anything, not even regeneration, and can't even use aims? At the very least make the current terrible prevent ability it has to jsut simply 'can prevent 1 damat each combat'. Nephren-Kai s the closest thing to compare this to, which just blows this thing right out of the water.

More
01 Oct 2018 13:04 #90879 by ReverendRevolver
High top IS aligned with the Ahrimanes in fluff.

Renegade garou represents the many outcast garou who are willing to ally with vampires who aren't AS wyrm tainted to destroy greater evils.

No idea what the fluff reason is on that Bastet thing, but Remnant is a former ally of BlackTooth, who was allied with some Vampires.

Trujah are cold, calculating, not numerous, and study histories. They also hate Triole and Trioles Baali lover, so you want a connection not directly Canon, that's your scarce clan with common interests to Mokole.

More
01 Oct 2018 15:32 #90882 by Mateusz

It seems super weak to me. 3 strength is ok, but no manuevers or presses or additional strikes or anything, not even regeneration, and can't even use aims? At the very least make the current terrible prevent ability it has to jsut simply 'can prevent 1 damat each combat'. Nephren-Kai s the closest thing to compare this to, which just blows this thing right out of the water.

Good point you made, having compared these two, i changed him a little more, now to prevent up to two damage without cost and added the increased hand size idea reflecting the Gaias memory idea.

"Renegade Garou, can do!"

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds