file What happened to Cappadocians???

28 Oct 2018 18:11 - 28 Oct 2018 18:17 #91552 by jamesatzephyr

Also, Old Clan Tzimisce is just Tzimisce with Dominate, like Radu Bistri.

Having a clutch of vampires with ANI/AUS/DOM as their 'in clan' disciplines would be more interesting and playable than just one or two vampires with a bit of Dominate. They've also, in general, pretty much all spent some of their design points on Vicissitude, which - depending on your preference for source material - they shun. From a V:TES perspective, the design points that would be spent on Vicissitude could be spent on other attributes.
Last edit: 28 Oct 2018 18:17 by jamesatzephyr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2018 12:41 #91557 by ReverendRevolver

Also, Old Clan Tzimisce is just Tzimisce with Dominate, like Radu Bistri.

Having a clutch of vampires with ANI/AUS/DOM as their 'in clan' disciplines would be more interesting and playable than just one or two vampires with a bit of Dominate. They've also, in general, pretty much all spent some of their design points on Vicissitude, which - depending on your preference for source material - they shun. From a V:TES perspective, the design points that would be spent on Vicissitude could be spent on other attributes.

Koldunic Sorcery would be the best use of the remaining design points, but since :tha: isn't really fleshed out for that, who knows. I feel like certain "bloodlines but not really " should get an increased amount of vamps, like old clan Tzimisce, Assamite Viziers/Sorcerers, and also Laibon Lasombra . Not that its likely for balance reasons, but it would be interesting.

More
29 Oct 2018 13:01 - 29 Oct 2018 13:02 #91558 by jamesatzephyr

Koldunic Sorcery would be the best use of the remaining design points, but since :tha: isn't really fleshed out for that, who knows

Yeah, also getting ANI/AUS/DOM/THA as clan disciplines-ish becomes a bit of an overlap with Tremere anyway. I'd be tempted to handle it more with specials.

I feel like certain "bloodlines but not really " should get an increased amount of vamps, like old clan Tzimisce, Assamite Viziers/Sorcerers, and also Laibon Lasombra . Not that its likely for balance reasons, but it would be interesting.

It's not obvious that it would necessarily be that unbalancing. For those three clans, they don't - unlike some other big clans - have a corresponding antitribu clan providing an extra source of vampires with matching disciplines.

You also don't necessarily have to do it in a huge way. If you think of the EuroBrujah as representing the equivalent of one of those weird off-shoots, you can put together solid and interesting EuroBrujah decks without devoting a ton of vampires to it.
Last edit: 29 Oct 2018 13:02 by jamesatzephyr.

More
29 Oct 2018 15:30 #91560 by ReverendRevolver
I agree huge on the last part-

3-4 vamps with a given deviation from in-clans (who don't even have to be of the same clan, in some cases) is typically enough to enable solid alternative builds. :POT: :fose: is one,
:ANI: :laso: is another.
Even among primary and viable clans, there is design space where 2 extra vamps could enable a new archetype, if based around 1-2 existing ones.
This open space in crypt design and deck building is one of my favorite "what if" things to experiment on.

More
29 Oct 2018 22:58 #91583 by Nac
In Beckett's Jyhad Diaries, Angelique represents
Warning: Spoiler!
at some sort of
. I don't know if that is still canon in V5. In Gentleman's guide to vampires they also refer the current situation but nothing very concrete.

More
30 Oct 2018 12:42 - 30 Oct 2018 12:46 #91596 by ReverendRevolver

In Beckett's Jyhad Diaries, Angelique represents
at some sort of
. I don't know if that is still canon in V5. In Gentleman's guide to vampires they also refer the current situation but nothing very concrete.

I have a quite long summary of what is currently canon in the forums.
At the gathering of which you speak, Angelique and Khurshid deliberately appear divided in front of Isabel Giovanni. Khurshid informs Beckett of this later.
But Canon is V5, V5 playtest chronicles, BJD, and previous books that are supported by them. Which includes parts of VTMBL for pc.
If you're interested in Canon, read over my thread on here (Metaplot Cafe) . Its detailed beyond the freely available wiki, and highlights retcons and contradictions as well as mentioning vamps that are cards who are used.

www.vekn.net/forum/off-topic-forum/77028-the-metaplot-cafe

It exists solely so vtes players can be current on metaplot for discussion and card design.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2018 12:46 by ReverendRevolver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased, Nac

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds