file Card idea: Timefalls

01 Sep 2011 07:16 #9443 by Ankha
Card idea: Timefalls was created by Ankha
Name: Timefalls
Cardtype: Action / Reaction / Combat
Discipline: Thaumaturgy / Temporis
[tha] [COMBAT] Press.
[tem] [REACTION] Only usable at the end of an action, if at least 4 actions have been taken during this minion phase. Minions can't take actions this turn.
[TEM] [ACTION] +1 stealth action. Play a master card that can be put into play from your hand. Pay cost as normal.

Allows players to control the time of the game itself :)
At superior, introduces a new way to play master cards that are put into play (can't think of any abuse right now).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2011 08:13 #9452 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls
I don't like it.
I think the :tem: is too powerful, far too much defense for a single card to give.
And I don't think there should be any way to play a master card as a minion card, either thematically or for game balance reasons.
The first way I can think of to abuse it is to Villein a vampire that's been Mind Raped, I'm sure I can think of others if I give it more than a few seconds thought.

More
01 Sep 2011 08:22 #9454 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls
inferior temporis is WAAAY to strong. A Trujah that used summon history to fetch ankara can easily make 4 actions per turn with free freak drives. With sup. version, he can play ashur tablets, and keep table frozen nearly entire game.

It's like una again, only MORE boring (if that is even possible)

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
01 Sep 2011 08:30 - 01 Sep 2011 08:30 #9457 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls

inferior temporis is WAAAY to strong. A Trujah that used summon history to fetch ankara can easily make 4 actions per turn with free freak drives.

??? Read the card again. It's a reaction. It affects the current turn.

I don't like it.
I think the :tem: is too powerful, far too much defense for a single card to give.

It only works against a deck with more than 4 minions, or someone abusing some untap. I'm not sure it's that frequent.

And I don't think there should be any way to play a master card as a minion card, either thematically or for game balance reasons.
The first way I can think of to abuse it is to Villein a vampire that's been Mind Raped, I'm sure I can think of others if I give it more than a few seconds thought.

What about changing it to master: location only?

Prince of Paris, France
Last edit: 01 Sep 2011 08:30 by Ankha.

More
01 Sep 2011 09:24 #9461 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls

It only works against a deck with more than 4 minions, or someone abusing some untap. I'm not sure it's that frequent.

Maybe it's a meta thing. I'd say probably 50% of other players' decks around here frequently try to do more actions a turn than that, closer to 75% of my own decks. And when you say "abusing", I think you mean simply "using". :P

What about changing it to master: location only?

That would certainly limit it's capacity for abuse.

More
01 Sep 2011 10:00 #9464 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls

Maybe it's a meta thing. I'd say probably 50% of other players' decks around here frequently try to do more actions a turn than that, closer to 75% of my own decks. And when you say "abusing", I think you mean simply "using". :P

Could you explain why you find it gives " far too much defense for a single card ".

I mean, if your predator has already taken 4 actions, but need more to do you something, it's likely a swarm deck or an Una deck. Anyway, stopping him one turn doesn't seem abusive.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds