file Card idea: Timefalls

02 Sep 2011 10:26 #9509 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls
Cheers. Awesome art found, by the way. :)

Should the :tem: text be clearer? Either "At least 4 actions have been attempted this turn." or "At least 4 actions have been successful?" It's not exactly clear without a check from the rulebook if the actions have to be successful or not for Timefalls to work.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2011 11:01 #9510 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls

Cheers. Awesome art found, by the way. :)

Should the :tem: text be clearer? Either "At least 4 actions have been attempted this turn." or "At least 4 actions have been successful?" It's not exactly clear without a check from the rulebook if the actions have to be successful or not for Timefalls to work.

See Torpid Blood or Neighborhood Watch Commander (Hunter).
An action taken is an action that has not been cancelled and that is either successfull or unsuccessfull.

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/da88107678e474e4

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
06 Sep 2011 03:38 - 06 Sep 2011 03:41 #9627 by Sydnelson
Replied by Sydnelson on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls

That would give:

Name: Timefalls
Cardtype: Action / Reaction / Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Thaumaturgy / Temporis
[tha] [COMBAT] Press. You can play only 1 Timefalls each combat.
[tem] [REACTION] Only usable at the end of an action, if at least 4 actions have been taken during this minion phase. Minions can't take actions this turn.
[TEM] [ACTION] +1 stealth action. Play a master: location card from your hand. Requirement and cost apply as normal.

www.veknfrance.com/site/IMG/pdf/timefalls.pdf

To balance I think in something like that:

[tem] [REACTION] Only usable at the end of an action, if at least 4 SUCESSFULL actions have been taken during this minion phase. Minions can't take actions unless hunt (if needed) this turn.

[TEM] [ACTION] +1 stealth action. Play a master from your hand as a master out-of-turn (can't play master or gain trifle bennefict next turn). Requirement and cost apply as normal.

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 06 Sep 2011 03:41 by Sydnelson.

More
06 Sep 2011 06:49 - 06 Sep 2011 06:50 #9638 by Juggernaut1981

That would give:

[tem] [REACTION] Only usable at the end of an action, if at least 4 SUCESSFULL actions have been taken during this minion phase. Minions can't take actions unless hunt (if needed) this turn.

[TEM] [ACTION] +1 stealth action. Play a master from your hand as a master out-of-turn (can't play master or gain trifle bennefict next turn). Requirement and cost apply as normal.

I'd edit it one step further. (Assuming that it was ever going to see play, since I think it's a fairly overpowered card even for Temporis)

:tem: :reaction: Only usable at the end of an action, if at least 4 successful non-mandatory actions have been taken during this turn. Minions may not attempt non-mandatory actions for the remainder of the minion phase.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 06 Sep 2011 06:50 by Juggernaut1981.

More
06 Sep 2011 07:27 #9641 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls

I'm not sure it's balancing anything, it's much more powerful than limiting the master to master:location (due to the Villein or Golonda possible abuse after a temptation or mind rape)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds