file Card idea: Timefalls

01 Sep 2011 17:56 #9482 by agzocgud
Replied by agzocgud on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls
I would start by adding "not useable if you played Timefalls last turn".

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2011 21:31 #9485 by DeathInABottle

its ridiculous as free reaction.

Please detail.

A free reaction that completely shuts down all decks not focused on non-multiacting fatties, and which also has very good other effect to use it if there are only non-multiacting fatty decks around.

Very few decks are completely or slightly shut down because they only get 4 actions per turn.

Agreed. I also don't think that you could so easily cycle multiple copies of this card, especially if the TEM part was restricted to locations (which is a sensible restriction thematically: the vampire goes and acquires the location herself). As has been said, for any deck that takes four or fewer actions per turn (maybe most decks?), you won't be able to play it. And even if you can play it, you'll probably be shutting your opponent down at the end of her string of actions. Plus it foils Mono-Una decks, which is maybe nice.

I like the card.

More
01 Sep 2011 21:54 #9487 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls
no card in the game is 3 different types.

:tha: is too strong compared to other thaumatugy press cards

:tem: is a silver bullet that adds nothing interesting to the game. HAH YOU CAN'T TAKE YOUR TURN!

:TEM: gives more master phase actions to a clan that is able to untap constantly

More
02 Sep 2011 05:30 #9497 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls

no card in the game is 3 different types.

I can't see what's the problem with this. Before anarch, no cards were three-ways. Before wash, no oot were trifle. Etc.

:tha: is too strong compared to other thaumatugy press cards

Maybe. Maybe not. The thing is that there's no superior effect at tha, so if you're planning to play tha, an Apportation may be better.

:tem: is a silver bullet that adds nothing interesting to the game. HAH YOU CAN'T TAKE YOUR TURN!

It add defense to a clan that has very little. It speeds up the game.

:TEM: gives more master phase actions to a clan that is able to untap constantly

Kind of, but only for locations. Rewind Time also does this as it allows you to Sudden (which is stronger than playing a master location) without losing your MPA.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
02 Sep 2011 06:43 #9499 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls
I agree with the view that :tha: should be a press, only usable to either end, or continue combat. One should take care to make outferiors superior to existing cards' inferior abilities. (Wait... what? :) ) No, but seriously, a free press either way is a bit too much for thaumaturgy, which doesn't have unrestricted presses even on :THA:. Either make the minion burn a blood, or restrict the effect.

I, for one, can't see the problem in the :tem: version. It honestly doesn't seem that over powered. Four actions is bleedin' plenty already. I can't see many decks being hosed by a couple of turns with "only" four actions. To be honest, I can't see many decks even attempting more than four on a regular basis. On top of that you'll need to be untapped to use the card, and so on. I think it's fairly balanced!

To be sure, it MIGHT cost a blood to use - the whole card, that is. I just can't think why that would be warranted. Especially if :TEM: effect only works for locations. I agree that unrestricted un-suddenable masters during your minion phase might be a bit over the top. Villeins on stolen vampires, pentexes, giant's bloods - you get the idea... The idea's fine, though, and I would be happy to see it either affecting only locations or non-trifle masters.

Or only trifles?! :O

Then again, the most effective masters are already trifles to begin with.

It's an interesting, and thematically fun card, which is by no means over powered in my opinion. Just be careful with the outferiors. I think Flames of Netherworld was glancing the edge already.

I'd love to playtest this one too. Are there .pdf print files already?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
02 Sep 2011 07:56 #9502 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Timefalls
That would give:

Name: Timefalls
Cardtype: Action / Reaction / Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Thaumaturgy / Temporis
[tha] [COMBAT] Press. You can play only 1 Timefalls each combat.
[tem] [REACTION] Only usable at the end of an action, if at least 4 actions have been taken during this minion phase. Minions can't take actions this turn.
[TEM] [ACTION] +1 stealth action. Play a master: location card from your hand. Requirement and cost apply as normal.

www.veknfrance.com/site/IMG/pdf/timefalls.pdf

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds