file Proxies and the VEKN

09 Feb 2011 12:21 #1227 by fojtik
Replied by fojtik on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN
Suoli was faster :0) I agree with his arguments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2011 13:47 #1230 by Shockwave
Replied by Shockwave on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN
I also advocate Mary Anne Blair as promo for 2012!

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
09 Feb 2011 19:34 #1234 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN
I tottally agree, but it's impossible to follow same discussion in several locations. :S

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
09 Feb 2011 20:11 #1236 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN
Allso we r forgetting idea to ban dozen or two cards

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
10 Feb 2011 16:53 #1246 by Amenophobis

Allso we r forgetting idea to ban dozen or two cards

The topic is about proxies. If you like to discuss bannning cards, open a new topic.

More
10 Feb 2011 17:45 #1247 by Amenophobis
I'm of the opinion that in the last couple of sets, esp. KoT and HttB, a handful of insanely powerful cards appeared.

Unfortunately, those cards are not widespread enough available for most players to notice their powerlevel. If they were more available, they would appear more often in the TWD.

A short list from my head:
Enkil Cog
Touch of Clarity
Ashur Tablets
Villein
Eyes of Argus
Deep Song
Summon History
Unleash Hells Fury
Impundulu

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Cards in high demand an short supply hurt the growth of the game, and at least don't help keeping old players.

I would like this situation to be addressed in some manner. There are a couple of ideas out there (proxies, reprints as promos, Blood-Shadowed-Court style set), and all have pros and cons.

Let me restate the idea of "official" VEKN proxies.
  • A short list of cards could be made available as official proxies. This list would be decided upon by the VEKN with player input. The exact method would have to be decided upon.
  • The proxies could be supplied as files hosted at the VEKN website, or they could be given out as physical copies if possible. This would have to be looked at.
  • The cards could be exact copies of the original cards, with a text to mark them as proxies (similar to cards, which say that they are not legal for tournament play). Alternatively they could have the artwork missing, to have an incentive for players to still acquire originals.
  • At the same time the list of cards to be allowed as proxies needs to be published be the VEKN, perhaps at the same time the new tournamen rules get updated. Only cards that come as official proxies and are on this list are allowed at tournaments. That way, cards can be disallowed in the future.
  • It should be made absolutely clear, that the allowance of those proxies is only for a limited time period. When a new owner of VTES decides to print cards again, the proxies should be generally disallowed, as their originals are reprinted (like in a LCG model; I believe such packs would be selling well).

One of the pros would be that prices on Ebay might go down a bit, to allow players to buy those cards more easily and have a greater cirulation.
I assume that players would still like to have the originals instead of the proxies when given the chance.

I know that there would be legal issues to solve first, but that's something that would have to be worked on when (if) the VEKN decides to go that road, of course. :whistle:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds