file Kickstarter for V:tes?

05 Jul 2012 12:31 - 05 Jul 2012 12:31 #32787 by Silmegil
I posted short statement about this at my blog - czechvtes.blogspot.cz/2012/07/kickstarter-for-vtes.html , but since most of active community uses thif forum, here is full transcript:

Ok I know that title of my post probably says it all, but I have recently backed two projects on Kickstarter. Both were computer games - those types I like, but it seems, like it is just more profitable to do 3D shooters or something like that. I am really grateful for kickstarter idea and I just love those projects.

For those, who do not know about Kickstarter: The way it works is, that this page hosts a different projects. These project have their funding goals and people are pledging differents ammounts of money for it. Once the time for this project runs out, there are two options:
1) Funding goal wasn't achieved - nothing happens, project is shut down and no one loses his money
2) Funding goal was achieved - pledged money is acquired from everyone who pledged and project is realized.
There are often different levels of pledge - example for computer game - you pledge 20 USD - you get digital copy of game, you pledge 50 USD - you get DVD copy, 100 makes collectors edition and you see where this is going.

But in the end, it got me thinking.... I know, that there are probably only a few companies, that could pick up V:tes at this point and partly funding this with Kickstarter may help. There is not much I know about how negotiations about ressurecting this game are going, but this maybe something to consider.

The concept is easy enough - company that is interested should set up goal, pledge levels - well we can see right from the start - boosterboxes, starterboxes of new edition / reprinted edition, maybe some promo things, like those tableclots or bags were...

Ok I know it is a longshot, but I am just puting it out there. I would like to talk about this more on vekn.net to get more feedback from the community. So this is all for now,

See you next time...

I would like to know, what are you thinking about this - I know that it may be stupid idea, but still anything may help in the end.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2012 12:31 by Silmegil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2012 12:45 - 05 Jul 2012 18:57 #32788 by Boris The Blade
Since a significant amount of the production cost is acquiring the licenses from CCP and Hasbro, I for one have strictly no idea of what the funding goal should be. Does anyone:
1) have an idea?
2) is allowed to talk about it on a public forum, if at all?

As a milestone goody, I suggest a warghoul plushy :P
Last edit: 05 Jul 2012 18:57 by Boris The Blade.

More
05 Jul 2012 13:40 #32789 by RoddimusPrime
See my new post in the forum. Long story short deckmaster mechanic expires in 2014. Wait until then to pursue crowd funding to strictly continue the game. Otherwise, pursue a new and fresh goal that isn't confined like it is currently.

More
05 Jul 2012 15:27 #32804 by DeathInABottle
If a serious party with connections to the license holders were to put up a Kickstarter page with suitable rewards, I would pledge up to $1000. I suspect I'm not the only one.

More
05 Jul 2012 17:42 #32813 by nekojosh
Replied by nekojosh on topic Re: Kickstarter for V:tes?
The idea of using Kickstarter sounds good, I'd provide support and pledge as much money as possible to help this guys! This game is awesome and I think it deserves new expansions. Specially considering the size of WoD.

More
05 Jul 2012 18:36 #32821 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Kickstarter for V:tes?

2) Funding goal was achieved - pledged money is acquired from everyone who pledged and project is realized.

Well, not exactly. Project is funded, but the people may fail to realize the project. Or they are totally incompetent. Or they run away with the money.
Kickstarter can be useful, but is not guaranteed at all.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Agamemnon

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds