file Kickstarter for V:tes?

07 Jul 2012 20:29 #32888 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Re: Kickstarter for V:tes?
I thought the deckmaster license was used for netrunner, and its getting a new game out soon by FFG. So wouldnt they be a probable publisher? And i thought the license would expire 2014? Is netrunner an exception?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2012 01:45 - 08 Jul 2012 01:46 #32892 by RoddimusPrime

I thought the deckmaster license was used for netrunner, and its getting a new game out soon by FFG. So wouldnt they be a probable publisher? And i thought the license would expire 2014? Is netrunner an exception?

There were three games that utilized Deckmaster. Magic, Netrunner, and VTES. FFG won't utilize Deckmaster. And besides, they only have to work with one company. Further, it won't utilize the old cards, but a new game on it's own. Thus this avoids issues.
Last edit: 08 Jul 2012 01:46 by RoddimusPrime.

More
15 Aug 2012 06:40 #34770 by Agamemnon
could someone please explain to me why the game ceased production? I stopped playing around the time keepers of tradition was released-facepalm- and I've only just reacently been trying to become involved again.

Hindsight is foresight because we walk in circles

More
15 Aug 2012 11:01 #34794 by Oskar
Replied by Oskar on topic Re: Kickstarter for V:tes?
I think it was not within the strategic area the company wanted to go for or something like that. They wanted to focus on computer games instead.

From what I heard the last expansion was still selling quite well. Others can probably fill in more details for you.

More
15 Aug 2012 14:22 - 15 Aug 2012 14:23 #34800 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Kickstarter for V:tes?
Also WW/CCP needed to renew the lisence for the system from WotC who, AFAIK, were asking for unreasonably large amount of money for the renewal.

there should be plenty of threads about it in this forum if you look around...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 15 Aug 2012 14:23 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds