file PKC seeks to attack the V:EKN

27 Sep 2012 09:01 #37856 by Haze
their card ideas sucked anyway

OOPS THAT JUST BROKE THE NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT THAT I SI-- *user banned*
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2012 09:07 - 27 Sep 2012 09:09 #37857 by dude_PL
@Mael
so you mean there's like no way in hell to talk about it and find the middle ground regarding those cards, because it's set in stone and forever will be? ok, I'll disagree here. again - dialogue. something that doesn't seem to exist here.

assuming, of course, that what you wrote is 100% correct (I'm at work now, so I have neither the time nor the will to check that right now).

I think that you guys are obsessed with the wrong thing - none of these would happen, no issues would appear if PEOPLE WERE WILLING TO TALK.

oh and on the quality of the set (while we're at it) - personally I like a number of cards from the PCK set and I'd like to see them in action. judging by the fact that we have an issue here, it seems to me that the VEKN could actually plan to use some of these cards (perhaps in a modified form). would you all still whine about the "crapness" of this set if it was "VEKN official" (whatever that means)?
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 09:09 by dude_PL.

More
27 Sep 2012 09:22 - 27 Sep 2012 09:27 #37859 by Mael

@Mael
so you mean there's like no way in hell to talk about it and find the middle ground regarding those cards, because it's set in stone and forever will be? ok, I'll disagree here. again - dialogue. something that doesn't seem to exist here.

A Cease and Desist letter is not a precursor to dialog. It is a statement that they are not interested in dialog.

What do you think would be an acceptable middle ground here?
Perhaps that the VEKN would not use any card that were entirely created by PKC, but would not be free to possibly use the same sources as the cards that PKC used when creating their set?
Wait, that's basically what Johannes said, so obviously you think a bigger compromise is needed?
What compromise would you suggest that doesn't grant PKC ownership of all work done by everyone on the design team before they left?

When PKC first took their stance of leaving the design team for the reasons they gave I was completely sympathetic towards them (as I have left companies for similar reasons as the ones they gave). Their actions since then have convinced me otherwise.

Edit: If you mean specifically about there being no possibility to change the cards that's what the non-derivative part of the license means.

No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 09:27 by Mael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Goudie

More
27 Sep 2012 09:33 #37860 by Ohlmann
I agree with Mael. You don't send in the lawyer when you want to discuss. They have not even tried to give an ultimatum or anything.

Maybe they are passioned by the game, but they are actually doing as much good for VtES as spanish inquisition to christianity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
27 Sep 2012 10:56 - 27 Sep 2012 15:18 #37862 by Izaak
Jesus Christ what a fucking joke. Can't we like, just ban these clowns and move on?

@Mael

The dialogue ship sailed a long time ago.

When PKC first took their stance of leaving the design team for the reasons they gave I was completely sympathetic towards them (as I have left companies for similar reasons as the ones they gave). Their actions since then have convinced me otherwise.

I share this sentiment.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 15:18 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis, Ashur, Boris The Blade

More
27 Sep 2012 10:57 #37864 by Daidalos
As the good doctor Lecter reminded us: Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature?" Of this particular thing I believe it is an example of hurt pride and envy. I heard a story about one of our politicians, who, as a young boy, always brought his football to the field. If he was on the winning team, the game continued to the usual end. However, if he was on the losing team, he simply took the ball and went home. This is the nature of what is happening.

"I like to think there always are ...possibilities." Spock
:trem: :aus: :dom: :tha:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds