file Getting into the game!

17 Jun 2011 18:55 #5259 by MaxO
Getting into the game! was created by MaxO
I have the chance to buy to about 3000 cards of V:TeS, and was wondering how good an investment this will be?

I don't know anything about deck construction for this game, or much about the mechanics etc, but I'm aware it's a multiplayer game. I've played CCG's before, at a competitive level, but have always been introduced to it by a friend have had them to help me learn the rules and told me how to build decks. With this i'd be completely in the dark - is it too much just to buy a shedload of cards?

Yours,

Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2011 19:12 #5260 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Getting into the game!

I have the chance to buy to about 3000 cards of V:TeS, and was wondering how good an investment this will be?

How much are you going to pay for these cards?

Are these cards someone's collection before or after they eBay'ed the good cards?

About how many cards have you bought total, before this possible purchase?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
17 Jun 2011 19:13 #5261 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Getting into the game!
It's not an unbelievable amount of cards, to be sure. :) A huge load, fair enough, but if you won't be paying too much of them, then it should be okay! Especially if that would help you get some new people and friends to play with you. It sounds like an ideal deal for a new play group.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
17 Jun 2011 19:26 #5262 by MaxO
Replied by MaxO on topic Re: Getting into the game!
I'm paying $100 for the cards - there is a good mix of rares/uncommons/commons from what I could tell and it's someones old collection.

I don't own any cards at all for this game at the moment, this would be my first purchase.

Is there a better way to get into the game?

More
17 Jun 2011 19:28 #5263 by Pendargon
If it is indeed someone's collection, it seems a good price.
This is a fun, and interesting , and versatile game. You will not be sorry for starting it :-D

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
17 Jun 2011 19:44 #5265 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Getting into the game!

Is there a better way to get into the game?

Comparing apples to apples is always nice.

Do the cards you are buying have Jyhad on the back?
If so, you are paying too much. Jyhad was sold at $5 for 684 cards (i.e. $5 for a booster display) for 2-3 years. If the person you are buying from bought 5 displays at that price, he would have invested $25 and will be getting $100 back. Seems great for him. Not so good for you, as many of those cards have received errata and have been reprinted with new corrected text.

For just a touch more money, I would buy 2 display boxes of Third Edition boosters and a display box of Third Edition starters.

$50 store.white-wolf.com/3rd-Edition-Booster-Display-P5293.aspx
$35 store.white-wolf.com/3rd-Edition-Starter-Display-P5296.aspx

All of the cards in that purchase would have the correct text. This would give you the pieces for 4-8 decks and enough spares to make customizing them interesting.

Three cents a card isn't a bad deal, so I wouldn't turn down my nose at it, but I'm partial to cards that do what they say they do the way they say they do them.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds