file New Set?

15 Nov 2017 15:40 #84285 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic New Set?

...original 44 magnum isn't a 44 magnum in the picture. I'm not sure if it was just a wotc oversight, or if they checked it and knew nothing about guns, but it annoys me hard that we have boring revolver as the best art for the absolute staple gun for the game.

Art for original .44 is, buy my opinion, quite good except the gun itself :P (which can be honest mistake in the "preinternet" era - like, for example, the card was called "pistol" when the art was ordered) - there are something happening there except just showing us the gun we've seen thousand times.

New art shows the right gun but there are nothing else there. Boring and pointless.

I couldn't disagree more about the art for the post-Sabbat era .44 Magnum. I think the watercolor style contributes a foreboding feel that matches the mood of someone getting their weapon ready for a fight, and the colors fit very well with the card layout colors (the green stripe, the equipment card "keys/bullets" background). That's a very underrated aspect to card art, whether the art fits the theme colors of the card layout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2017 15:59 - 15 Nov 2017 16:00 #84287 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic New Set?

...mood of someone getting their weapon ready for a fight...

I don't get it - picture looks static as hell. The guy at the picture should either be moving to meet his enemy, or crouching to be defensive, or even be staying with spread legs to "play cowboy". Also body part in the center of the picture :pinch: is, maybe, anatomically correct, but I'm not sure is appropriate to the feeling we suppose to get from this card.

The colors are fine, thou.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 15 Nov 2017 16:00 by elotar.

More
15 Nov 2017 16:08 #84290 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic New Set?
Proof how important art is to the game. Just saying.....

More
15 Nov 2017 16:22 - 15 Nov 2017 16:23 #84291 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic New Set?

...mood of someone getting their weapon ready for a fight...

I don't get it - picture looks static as hell. The guy at the picture should either be moving to meet his enemy, or crouching to be defensive, or even be staying with spread legs to "play cowboy". Also body part in the center of the picture :pinch: is, maybe, anatomically correct, but I'm not sure is appropriate to the feeling we suppose to get from this card.

The colors are fine, thou.

It looks like somebody arming themselves with a gun before the fight happens. Which reflects what happens in game when you equip minions, a stealthy action to equip one's self. I think the art on .44 Magnum fits better than the art on, for example, Poker, where the action in the art doesn't match the effect. Using a Poker is not going to burn a minion via decapitation.
Last edit: 15 Nov 2017 16:23 by TwoRazorReign.

More
15 Nov 2017 16:39 #84292 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic New Set?

It looks like somebody arming themselves with a gun before the fight happens. Which reflects what happens in game when you equip minions, a stealthy action to equip one's self.

Equipping the gun is very costly (2 pool = Protracted Investment!) action - i justify it as a serious organizational effort by vampire to not only get a gun, but also provide legal coverage, which allow travel and making other activities with it without raising questions. Which, actually, will be much more interesting being shown in the art ;)

I think the art on .44 Magnum fits better than the art on, for example, Poker, where the action in the art doesn't match the effect. Using a Poker is not going to burn a minion via decapitation.

.44 is plain, Poker is directly wrong, yea.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
15 Nov 2017 17:53 #84293 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic New Set?
You can burn a vampire using a Poker and some fancy Quietus cards :)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds