file Remove Decks From TWDA

11 Mar 2020 17:40 #99255 by Arthur Volts
Replied by Arthur Volts on topic Remove Decks From TWDA
I'd like to point out the obvious that you don't need to use your real name for tournaments or your vekn #. Make up a pen name. Your dek list should be submitted if you win. I'm a believer that lists should be handed in anyways so the TO can spot check deck contents and card limits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2020 18:52 #99257 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Remove Decks From TWDA
I have won a number of events and have submitted zero deck lists through the years. I think creativity is the most important part of these games and is solidly snuffed out by net decking.

Not sure who cares if stealth bleed or mma won another event at this point anyway...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sydnelson

More
11 Mar 2020 23:25 #99259 by Arthur Volts
There is net decking in every and any game you can think of. If it gets people into a game who can't find the time to put decks together, I'm all for it. Sadly, from what I can tell, the creativity of a deck doesn't matter at all. It's all about a winning deck. If there was a reward for "best creative deck design", that would be cool.

More
12 Mar 2020 00:24 #99260 by Kilrauko
Replied by Kilrauko on topic Remove Decks From TWDA

I actually agree with you. I would argue that everybody here needs to realize this is a stupid game about vampires, the original poster included. And especially those who think someone requesting what the original poster is requesting constitutes a "conundrum" or "pseudo-conundrum."

I have a thousand word reply, that I planned to post after a sleep to ensure it's has as neutral tone as possible, where I pull apart what I've said earlier on this thread related to the conundrum. Before I post it to weight the thread further I feel the need to ask are you implying that I think "someone requesting what the original poster is requesting constitutes a "conundrum" or "pseudo-conundrum.""?

Because if you are, I need to clarify that I'm not thinking that way and try to explain better what I mean with "It's a moral conundrum on whether or not and what kind of information can/should/should not be forgotten." and what comes after it.

If you are not, there's no need to copypaste that wall-o-text that includes stuff like www.ica.org/sites/default/files/20190510_ica_declarationuniverselle_en-print_0.pdf .

Sure it's all related to the topic because a concept of what is archive and how diffferent viewpoints and morals handle that is related to the added conversation. But on the other hand this all started from one sentence question and I feel like I've added too much rambling text and weight to it already. Especially if it's all because I misunderstood your intent.

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.

More
12 Mar 2020 00:42 #99261 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Remove Decks From TWDA

Not sure who cares if stealth bleed or mma won another event at this point anyway...

I do. It's important for determining what is potentially broken and skewed data results help to prove that, but the results are only as valid as the backing data is robust.

I, for one, would like to know the winning deck list and the other deck types at the finals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
12 Mar 2020 00:53 #99262 by Arthur Volts
Simple questions often breed large engaged debates.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds