compress Change in the crypt contest rule

29 Nov 2019 13:06 #98054 by William_Feitosa
Please note that I don’t want the library cards contest rules to change, only the crypt, and never mentioned the title contest rule. And this would not be a buff to these decks, the game itself would go as normal, this would even be worse for them: conflicting strategies balance themselves. Voter decks counteract each other, unnamed would cost 2 pool each turn, ashur counters itself, with this in mind their counter would still be acting as normal and not just be deadmeat.
My proposal is just because it would make it more fairgame for the ones playing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 21:18 #98058 by jamesatzephyr

There could be cards that change the Contesting Rule:

There could. But given how rarely and randomly it comes up, people wouldn't play them. Political decks using popular(*) vampires could play Praxis Solomon, but they don't. Nor would they play them in sufficient quantities to draw them regularly enough to save themselves when it happened.

(*) Contestation is slightly more likely to happen if you're playing popular vampires. But if two players do happen to play the same less popular vampire, the impact is no less debilitating.

More
29 Nov 2019 21:21 #98059 by jamesatzephyr
Just to mention this earlier suggestion from Peter Bakija - I discuss it here www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/76617-please-can-we-change-the-vampire-contesting-rule#87004 - which functions similarly, but there is only one copy of the crypt card in play at a time. When you pay the contest cost, yours goes into play and any others go out of play. It's an interesting compromise between retaining some contestation flavour and scrapping the rule altogether / replacing it with something like "Unique, for a minion, means one per Methuselah, not one in play at once."

More
30 Nov 2019 11:44 #98063 by beslin igor

Just to mention this earlier suggestion from Peter Bakija - I discuss it here www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/76617-please-can-we-change-the-vampire-contesting-rule#87004 - which functions similarly, but there is only one copy of the crypt card in play at a time. When you pay the contest cost, yours goes into play and any others go out of play. It's an interesting compromise between retaining some contestation flavour and scrapping the rule altogether / replacing it with something like "Unique, for a minion, means one per Methuselah, not one in play at once."

This idea is interesting too James!!! but maybe can be litle complicated with some unique cards on them,as fame,secure haven,but rules also can fix this problem too. as i see Peter make topic 2009,so long time people complain with this rule and vekn nothing change until now?!
Some rules is changes in last time,so maybe is time to contest crypt rule change too!!!!
as I say in me first comment online playing can be good test for this.
I more like Wiliam idea,but Peter idea can also be good,or anything to current rule change!
Contest is not good for whole table not only for 2 players.
Imagine some people maybe can play 1 game per week,and if get contest in this one game,game is ended for him,need to wait 7 more days to get 1 game.
If nobody did i will share this topic from vekn in fb group too see opinion online players,if they acept,we go with test new rule contest crypt. and must say in fb people more comment than in vekn forum

More
30 Nov 2019 13:47 #98064 by jamesatzephyr

This idea is interesting too James!!! but maybe can be litle complicated with some unique cards on them,as fame,secure haven,but rules also can fix this problem too.

What complication are you imagining?

In the current game, imagine there are three vampires: Arika-A, Arika-B, and Enkidu. Arika-A comes out, and has Fame put on her. Arika-B comes out and contests Arika-A. Enkidu comes into play. Fame is put on Enkidu. The Fame on Enkidu contests with the Fame on Arika-A, even though Arika-A is out of play.

Under Peter's suggestion, if Arika-A flips back into play, Fame is still contested. When Arika-A flips out of play, Fame is still contested.

More
30 Nov 2019 16:49 #98065 by beslin igor

This idea is interesting too James!!! but maybe can be litle complicated with some unique cards on them,as fame,secure haven,but rules also can fix this problem too.

What complication are you imagining?

In the current game, imagine there are three vampires: Arika-A, Arika-B, and Enkidu. Arika-A comes out, and has Fame put on her. Arika-B comes out and contests Arika-A. Enkidu comes into play. Fame is put on Enkidu. The Fame on Enkidu contests with the Fame on Arika-A, even though Arika-A is out of play.

Under Peter's suggestion, if Arika-A flips back into play, Fame is still contested. When Arika-A flips out of play, Fame is still contested.

So contest fame work whole time until vampire with fame is burned or leave play,is that also curent rule now? so if Arika contested and you have fame on her,and someone put fame on enkidu,so there is also fame contested? i must say i never have this scenario in game and dont know answer.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds