compress Change in the crypt contest rule

30 Nov 2019 19:28 #98066 by jamesatzephyr

So contest fame work whole time until vampire with fame is burned or leave play,is that also curent rule now?

Unique cards that are on a contested card will contest other copies of themselves, yes.

so if Arika contested and you have fame on her,and someone put fame on enkidu,so there is also fame contested?

That would be why I wrote:
The Fame on Enkidu contests with the Fame on Arika-A, even though Arika-A is out of play.

Because that's how contesting works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 20:38 #98067 by CrazyCatTim

The Fame on Enkidu contests with the Fame on Arika-A, even though Arika-A is out of play.

But... is that how contesting works? In this case there would be Fame on a card that is out of play, so how can a card on an out of play card be contested? Would any card attached to an out of play card still be in play? If my out-of-play Arika had Fear of Mekhet on it, would I still need to burn five blood? So it would be in play, and I'd have to pay blood from a vampire that was out of play that I wasn't using?

This makes little sense.

More
30 Nov 2019 21:56 - 30 Nov 2019 21:58 #98069 by Kraus

But... is that how contesting works? In this case there would be Fame on a card that is out of play, so how can a card on an out of play card be contested? Would any card attached to an out of play card still be in play? If my out-of-play Arika had Fear of Mekhet on it, would I still need to burn five blood? So it would be in play, and I'd have to pay blood from a vampire that was out of play that I wasn't using?

This makes little sense.

More on this topic here, very recently:

www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/78119-self-contesting-unique-cards-that-are-out-of-play-temptation-during-action?start=0

On topic, i am 99% against changing the contest rules. For reasons mostly already brought up. And i for one value player experience quite a bit. Still i have no desire to see three Unnameds in every table.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 30 Nov 2019 21:58 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, jaakkon

More
01 Dec 2019 00:56 #98071 by jamesatzephyr

But... is that how contesting works?

Yes.

In this case there would be Fame on a card that is out of play, so how can a card on an out of play card be contested?

Because the rule is that it is out of play, except for the purposes of being contested by other copies of itself.

Would any card attached to an out of play card still be in play?

No. The card is not in play, except for the purpose of being contested.

If my out-of-play Arika had Fear of Mekhet on it, would I still need to burn five blood?

No, because it is not in play, except for the purpose of being contested.

So it would be in play, and I'd have to pay blood from a vampire that was out of play that I wasn't using?

No.

This makes little sense.

That would be why it doesn't work that way.

More
01 Dec 2019 12:15 #98072 by LivesByProxy
So Fame on a contested vampire is out-of-play until someone else plays another Fame, then suddenly Fame is considered back in-play "but not really"?

Wouldn't it make more sense for the 1st Fame to stay out-of-play and not contest the 2nd Fame until the contested vamp came back into play, then the Fames become contested?

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
01 Dec 2019 12:42 #98074 by jamesatzephyr

So Fame on a contested vampire is out-of-play until someone else plays another Fame, then suddenly Fame is considered back in-play "but not really"?

The Fame on a contested vampire is out of play, except for the purpose of being contested by other copies of itself.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the 1st Fame to stay out-of-play and not contest the 2nd Fame until the contested vamp came back into play, then the Fames become contested?

It could work either way. For some people, it would make more sense that there is still a struggle for the Ivory Bow that is on contested Anson and not-contested Lutz, because two Methuselahs have played it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds