file The future of V:TES

17 Sep 2012 10:44 #37044 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Well.. as a player and a collector (sort of) I rather have all the cards that I need for a deck than having to put this or that idea away due to lack of some cards.

However, imho, I think that all the staples should be available to the new players, like deflections, wakes, blood dolls or vessels, paths, villeins, and even the dreams of sphinx.

That can easily be achieved through well made precon decks.

I also think that the possibility of printing on demand is quite interesting, but, the bottom line is... if you can pick all the cards that you really use, why buy more? - Does anyone want a bloodbath, resume the coil, vendetta, or other rare cards that taking out the drafts will never be used?

The bottom line is, yes you can create print-on-demand sets. I want some... I can imagine a full sheet of Tangles, Neutral guards, sensory deprivations, ashurs, etc,etc. But that's not business wise (for the players it is).

In my opinion you should be able to reprint out of print cards like:

For every 24 common's you could have 6 uncommons and 3 rares.
The uncommons could be vampires or in some cases rares.

The reprinted cards or the new sets must have a different set symbol or a red circle or something around the old one.

BTW I disagree with changing the border of the cards. All the borders should be similar so its harder to other players to notice what cards we have in our hands.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2012 10:45 #37045 by Chaitan
Replied by Chaitan on topic Re: The future of V:TES
One of the best reasons to convince people to play VTES instead of MtG (or whatever) is that you can build fairly competative decks with just common cards. People don't wanna start buying cards for >€1000 euro just to build a competative deck. They want to start slow, have a chance to win and slowly build up a collection if they find the game to be fun.

It's a great selling point that should be reinforced.

Print cards that you require many of (Eyes of Argus, Ashur, On the Qui Vie, Carrion Crows and so on) as common.
Print cards that you require few of (Enkil Cog, Many unique cards, Hunting Grounds, Title cards) as rare.
And everything in between as uncommon.

Opening a box to find 17 Eccentric Billionaire or opening 4 boxes and recieve 0 Preternatural Strength or Summon History is a great source of annoyance.

Vampires could benefit from this common-usage, uncommon-usage and rare-usage also. Generally the higher cap of a vamp the liklier you use multiple copies (except for a few honorable exceptions such as Anarch Convert) and the more reason they should be common.
For example:
Cap 5, 6, 7, 8 (25% more common than Cap 1, 2, 3, 4)
Cap 9, 10, 11 (50% more common than cap 1, 2, 3, 4)

More
17 Sep 2012 10:55 #37046 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Vampires could benefit from this common-usage, uncommon-usage and rare-usage also. Generally the higher cap of a vamp the liklier you use multiple copies (except for a few honorable exceptions such as Anarch Convert) and the more reason they should be common.
For example:
Cap 5, 6, 7, 8 (25% more common than Cap 1, 2, 3, 4)
Cap 9, 10, 11 (50% more common than cap 1, 2, 3, 4)

It's not completely stupid, but having side kick harder to get than star feel very, very frustrating. It's workable by aving a lot more unique cap 1-5, each individually less common than the 9+. So you have a lot of (different) sidekick and easy access to numerous copy of a star.

More
17 Sep 2012 11:10 #37048 by Pascal Bertrand
[completely irrelevent, but the happy face + pin makes it look like the guy is happy to get pinned in the eye...]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
17 Sep 2012 11:12 - 17 Sep 2012 11:15 #37049 by Boris The Blade

It's not completely stupid, but having side kick harder to get than star feel very, very frustrating.

Only if it is randomized. If fixed or PoD, then it should just be about the numbers everyone needs. 3rd Ed. starters used about those proportions and they work great, especially when mashing 2 starters together to build a deck.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2012 11:15 by Boris The Blade.

More
17 Sep 2012 11:14 #37050 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Only if it is randomized. If fixed or PoD, then it should just be about the numbers everyone needs.

I agree completely. The number of unique vampire still need to be higher, because if your preconstructed sport 5 Haarderstadt, 2 Adana and 7 sidekick, that's 7 unique sidekick for 2 high cap :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds