file The future of V:TES

14 Sep 2012 13:04 #36806 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: The future of V:TES

If talking a new player into dropping a few hundred dollars on some starters and a booster box or two was a difficult sell, imaging trying to sell this to a new player.

There could be also some starter kits with real useful cards (Pursuit, Govern the Unaligned, Deflection, Aid from Bats, Carrion Crows, Majesty, 2nd Tradition etc. in good quantities).

What I really don't understand is why preserve the exchange market at all? How does that help the game? If cards become more readily available and less expensive to purchase after market doesn't that help the potential new player?

Many players are also collectors.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2012 13:10 #36807 by ReverendRevolver
I think.sealed product with cards established as high demand would be an efficient way to reprint. blood shadowed court style, but lets say, every vamp from sabbat and sabbat war for a box, bloodlines vamps from all three sets in a box (or at least lets say salubri and salubri antitribu along with harbingers, and daughters as a box and baali, ahrimane, nagaraja, etc in another. then lets say all anarchs vamps with select ds and ah vamps. or buy One of every vamp in One clan as a collectors box. no tins, they cost too much, but thin plastic 100+ size ultra pros deck boxes with clan specific artwork would be cool.

library cards could come in packs for either utility cards or narrower cards ( you get eight of freak drive and deflection, along with two parity shift, two perfect paragon, two awe, One kiss of rah and two daring the dawn from One set or 8 freak drives, 8 deep song, 3 pack alpha, 2 murder of crows, 2 sense dep, and two draba. you get the idea)
if you were buying 25 cards for even ten dollars, and everything had either high usefulness to you or trade value, wouldn't it be worth it?
And grouping pod cards in sets by clan isn't a bad idea by any means,since newbies and old players both win.
Ben made the fastest selling precons in free history by making strong decks with sought after cards. man did the same thing to a leader extent with the kot ventrue deck. having precons like those for each set would greatly ease gaining and retaining new players. having ks steakthbleed, law firm, celerity guns wall, and anarchs grapple potence would be a great way to support a relaunch set utilizing the fundamentals or the game and use all cam clans with a small anarch splash.

the possibilities are very promising for keeping the game alive and getting new players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
14 Sep 2012 13:28 - 14 Sep 2012 13:42 #36809 by Soonerborn
Replied by Soonerborn on topic Re: The future of V:TES

That's great, so taking the bottom out of the singles market (again) would benefit them too right? More cards at more affordable prices makes it that much easier to complete their collections. Disagree?

I can get with the Rev's suggestions, I think that would be something a new player could embrace.

I still prefer the idea of going onto a website, designing a complete deck and having it printed... that is ideal to me.

A method for new players to build and acquire decks, not just a bunch of cards they may or may not ever use (or want to use), but cards the WILL use and right away. To play the game. If you're into collecting that's cool but we need players.

-edit for spelling
Last edit: 14 Sep 2012 13:42 by Soonerborn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mimir

More
14 Sep 2012 14:53 #36817 by Eius P
Replied by Eius P on topic Re: The future of V:TES
There us also the great opportunity here to:

a) print the cards with errata
b) convert the old style cards into the newer style :)

The blood shadowed court set had the same symbol as camarilla but it was distinguishable (silver) How about reprints along those lines?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Juggernaut1981, Mimir

More
14 Sep 2012 16:40 #36822 by ReverendRevolver
I think reprinting cards with a modern outline that hadn't had One before would be great. I understand ranting to preserve the collectability of sense dep and Esmeralda, but reprinting them in modern frames maybe with different art couldn't hurt. I own zero sense dep but nobody in my play group, One of whom has roughly thirty of them, can agree with it not being reprinted, since nightmare curse is a weak substitute unless sense dep would have been banned. I've bought loads of cards and wouldn't be that mad if Mary Ann and Matthias both dropped to being worth a dollar each. I'd be happy. I could afford to buy stacks of either for the price of a few cards when I previously bought them. same with every card I've bought. rock cat was up to thirty bucks before it was in the httb starter.
I've always wanted to have a modern frame Vincent day for decks with modern frame crypt, but was sol. now there can exist readilyavailable cards just like that. collectors who want the original prints of certain cards will find them cheaper with pod, and players who seek things like the cam edition prints of arika and Anatole, which is me sometimes, will find them easier and cheaper.
while my distribution ideas may seem odd, collectors always kno cards may get reprinted, and that's a risk to a potential investment. new players quit games with no hope of getting the cards they want without investing heavily in a few key cards for a deck that seems fun.
using think we should shaft anyone, but printing based on demand seems better than based on upholding rareties that weren't proper from the beginning with many cards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
14 Sep 2012 17:01 #36823 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: The future of V:TES

They may be, but we are talking about a game.
You need cards to play it.
I saw no collector complain when shroud of absence got reprinted by the way.

And I'd rather see my collection be worth less money, than seeing the game I still like so much become history.

So if people are so eager to collect and hoard stuff for reselling, then i suggest they switch to comic books or sports cards. :whistle:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, Barontinel, Mimir

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds