file Anthology set previews: April 17

20 Apr 2017 06:46 #81547 by Ankha

I appreciate you guys might be busy, but when all the card wordings are finalised and the official card lists updated would we be able to get a post or announcement to that effect please?

Sure.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2017 23:54 #81557 by the1andonlime

I'll try to answer everyone.
That being said, choices had to be made when we established the set of rules we are following. Those choices are complex and are still under progress, considering the amount of cards to review, all the special cases, and compatibility issues with older cards. Obviously, other choices that would have probably been valid too were possible.

Thanks for taking the time to answer

With that in mind:

Why doesn't Enkil Cog use the new "attached" wording? Shouldn't it say "the attached vampire" instead of "this vampire"?

Kinda feels like we're going back to the problem of inconsistent wording across cards.

Attached is an alias for "the <whatever> with this card". It's used when there are multiple actors that are similar (two vampires for instance, one acting and one being a target typically) to remove any ambiguity. If there's no ambiguity, there's no need to use it.
Enkil Cog mentions only one minion, so there's no ambiguity when refering to "this vampire".

I agree that there is no ambiguity in this case. However, I would advocate for the consistent use of rule wordings on card where it is possible, as long as it does not clutter.

In this case, referring to the attached vampire as "the attached vampire" instead of "this vampire" also makes it easier for other cards to reference "attached cards". While the rules are clear on this, "refer to the rulebook" is not something you really want to say when there is someone new at the table (you have no idea how often I need to say that even with existing players, especially returning players).

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds