file Anthology set previews: April 17

17 Apr 2017 14:58 #81493 by TwoRazorReign
So, here's where the confusion is: a "bleed" is either successful or unsuccessful. It does not resolve much like a referendum of a political action doesn't resolve. A "bleed action" resolves with a successful or unsuccessful bleed.

Enkil Cog changed the word "action" to "bleed."

Why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2017 15:01 #81494 by TwoRazorReign

That's a good point about inconsistent wording. Here's another one: why does Madness Network say "follow normal sequencing rules," but Enkil Cog does not? Is this just inconsistent application of "reminder" text, or do the two cards work differently in terms of sequencing?

Every card follows the normal rules, except where they contradict each other (Golden Rule of Cards). Since Enkil Cog doesn't contradict the normal sequencing rules, it follows the normal sequencing rules.

Madness Network states to follow normal sequencing rules. Enkil Cog does not.

Why?

More
17 Apr 2017 15:28 #81495 by jamesatzephyr

Madness Network states to follow normal sequencing rules. Enkil Cog does not.

Why?

Not all cards have the same reminder text, because they were written by different people at different times who had different concerns and different opinions and different uses for the available card text.

Not every card in V:TES is expressed in exactly the same way. It really isn't helpful to litter the board with yet another round of "But but but but the cards! They're phrased differently! Imma gonna tell my mom! Waaaaaah!" If the fact that some cards are worded differently upsets you so, why not do something constructive and:

1) make a list, and
2) mail the Inner Circle?

More
17 Apr 2017 15:38 #81496 by jamesatzephyr

It does not resolve much like a referendum of a political action doesn't resolve.

www.vekn.net/rulebook
The referendum consists of three steps: setting the terms, polling (casting votes and ballots) and resolving the referendum.

Referendums pretty clearly resolve, it's right there in the rulebook.

More
17 Apr 2017 16:54 - 17 Apr 2017 18:05 #81497 by TwoRazorReign
Who is upset? I asked a question because I'm confused why two cards that do the exact same thing are worded differently. Thanks for answering it, and I apologize if you think my discussions about language on the cards is "litter." I actually quite enjoy discussing this subject.

Your point about referendums is disingenuous and doesn't answer my question. Referendums resolve in Part C separately from the political action itself in Part D. I was referring to the resolution of the action having nothing to do with the referendum. I'd appreciate if you'd either answer the question or not respond.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2017 18:05 by TwoRazorReign.

More
17 Apr 2017 19:52 #81498 by Lönkka
TwoRazorReign, have you checked the wording for the upcoming revised version of Madness Network (opposed to the current one)?

Perhaps it is worded in the same way as the upcoming Enkil Cog reprint...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds