file Vampire: Elder Kindred Network Newsletter November 2017

30 Nov 2017 15:59 #84415 by Glinlos
I love the new " Timing during the influence phase" rules.
You have all my support.

On the other hand, you want to convert Anarchs into a sect to be congruents with 5ed. but to treat Caitiff as a clan, incongruent with 5ed. These rules are a litle bit contradictory. Related to the game, I can see the consistency about the Caitiff, but not on the Anarch.

The part of the Recruit region do not affect to the game, I think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2017 17:05 #84417 by hardyrange
Hello out there,

my first quick "gut feeling" feedback re the proposed rule changes:

Proposed change #1: Timing during the influence phase
I do agree to this proposal, and the rationale behind it.

Proposed change #2: Anarch as a sect
First reaction is that this would create messy side effects - namely, the need to effectively change card text of the cards that now require an Independent vampire.
I am, right now, not sure if I see all the possible implications of this one, and if I see any VTES need to change anything with the rule (note that for me, aligning VTES with the role-playing game is not a reason...)

Proposed change #3: Caitiff as a clan
Agreed.

Proposed change #4: Recruit region
This would not change anything in real life, I guess. But it will make the rules somewaht clearer. So, agreed.

Best regards,

Hardy

"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Tradition Compliance Manager

More
30 Nov 2017 20:20 #84419 by Cat_in_Exile
"This month we keep the letter short and sweet, because there are no real news about that stuff you really want to hear about"...

Damn it, White Wolf, you're killing me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hardyrange

More
30 Nov 2017 21:35 #84420 by Kraus
Abd still nothing on the storyline! :(

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
01 Dec 2017 00:03 #84421 by Sydnelson
Proposed change #1: Timing during the influence phase
AGREED

Proposed change #2: Anarch as a sect
Don't like, there is a lot of decks that use Independent cards to support Anarchs in game, this kind of new rule will reduce the possibilities of creating decks.

Proposed change #3: Caitiff as a clan
Weenie Caitiff decks are already boring to deal with, givin to him a possibility to use a Consanguineous Boon will make them worse.

Proposed change #4: Recruit region
AGREED

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro

More
01 Dec 2017 02:32 - 01 Dec 2017 03:10 #84422 by Boris The Blade
#1: Agreed.

#2: Fine with the concept, but the execution looks a bit messy. Could anarchs be defined as a sub-sect of Independent so that we do not have to change all existing Independent cards?

EDIT: there is a grand total of 6 cards for independents, So I guess rewriting them would not be such a big effort. Besides, it opens some design space, as not all of those cards feel right for anarchs.

Banner of Neutrality: Independent only (and find a way to make it suck less.)
Community Justice: Independent only (see above.)
Exclusion Principle: Independent/Anarch.
Free States Rant: Anarch only (the only reason it is not is that it was printed before Anarchs were introduced.)
Reckless Agitation: Independent/Anarch.
Rise of the Nephtali: Independent only, because IIUC Nephtali is its own mini-sect.

#3: Agreed.

#4: No need for a special region, just as placing the ally in the Uncontrolled has always been a waste of time. Just state the rule that allies can't act the turn they are recruited, then let players track the game state in any way they see fit. Most of the time it is very easy to remember, and there is no reason to impose additional bookkeeping on everyone just for the occasional Mata Hari Recruits the World deck.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2017 03:10 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds