file Vampire: Elder Kindred Network Newsletter November 2017

01 Dec 2017 02:50 #84423 by narpassword
So vlad tepes will be able to play anarch cards with his special..neat =)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2017 07:56 - 01 Dec 2017 08:33 #84424 by Ankha

#4: No need for a special region, just as placing the ally in the Uncontrolled has always been a waste of time. Just state the rule that allies can't act the turn they are recruited, then let players track the game state in any way they see fit. Most of the time it is very easy to remember, and there is no reason to impose additional bookkeeping on everyone just for the occasional Mata Hari Recruits the World deck.

Remembering that an ally can't act or putting it in the recruit region requires the same energy. Either way, you have to track that state.
The slight difference is that with your suggestion, the ally can block a minion controlled by another Methuselah acting the turn where the ally has been recruited (Enkil Cog, Madness Network). This is currently not the case.
Also, your suggestion affects allies that a War Ghoul can burn or not, or a Cry Wolf that could be turned into an Abomination.

But it's a suggestion worth considering.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 01 Dec 2017 08:33 by Ankha.

More
01 Dec 2017 10:41 #84428 by Lönkka
I do not think anyone I've ever played with has played recruiting Allies correctly, that is putting them to Uncontrolled Region after a successful recruitment... :)

Calling (essentially) part of that region with a different name doesn't really change anything. Other than add a teeny tiny new clunkiness to the game (also perhaps by removing similarily small bit of old clunkiness).

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Dec 2017 13:17 - 01 Dec 2017 13:19 #84429 by elotar
My take on this:

EDIT: there is a grand total of 6 cards for independents, So I guess rewriting them would not be such a big effort. Besides, it opens some design space, as not all of those cards feel right for anarchs.

Banner of Neutrality: Independent only (and change "camarilla or sabbat" to "non-independent")

Community Justice: Independent only

Exclusion Principle: Independent only

Free States Rant: Anarch only

Reckless Agitation: Independent/Anarch, I would even suggest to add sabbat here to answer the question "why should we play sabbat politics".

Rise of the Nephtali: remove independent clause. With Anthelious banned it's kind of unplayable as is, as well as against the lore (Jan Pieterzoon and Vikos was members of it?).

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 01 Dec 2017 13:19 by elotar.

More
01 Dec 2017 15:34 #84431 by elotar
Have discussed proposed changes with russian players.

1) Totally supported.
2) Also supported, but we got like 50/50 split on idea to make "more creative" errata to independent cards.
3) 50/50 between "for" and "do not care" options.
4) here we got confusion, because some players was even unaware that allies should be played into uncontrolled region. After discussion consensus, I think, is that something should be done, but proposed solution is not the best one.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
01 Dec 2017 16:56 #84432 by Yomyael
I do not like the rule change proposal #1.

With the rules as they are now, you need to carefully consider how to bloat with a deck that generates lots of counters in the uncontrolled region (Thing, Little Mountain Cemetery, Unwholesome Bond and the likes). If moving a vampire to the ready region ceases to be mandatory those decks simply do not have to be careful any more.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds