file Contents and card changes in 25th Anniversary revealed

05 Jun 2019 14:26 #95228 by PetriWessman

Timo wrote: I am globally in line with what you say except on 1 point :

"Black Chantry (and playtesters) make changes based on what [they see as] good for the overall health of the game,"

It is a possibility that BCP AND the playtesters are wrong... But yes, "we'll see"


Oh, I agree. Nothing says BCP and the playtesters are correct in all cases, or in this one.

But I still trust their consensus on what cards are actual problems and potential solutions to those that are over some singular VTES player (no matter how tournament-experienced). Because it's still 100+ people and their very educated opinions + playtest + internal discussion vs one person's current opinion (without any playtest of changes). Not to mention a decade plus of discussions about these cards.

The fact that I agree with their solutions here is a nice plus for me, of course. I like the fact that no cards are being banned, and every single card still remains very playable, even at tournament level.

I'll still keep using Pentex, though only in strongly forward-going decks now I suspect.

I'll still keep including Parity Shifts in Camarilla titled voters (still an awesome card)

I'll still consider Una in some decks (still a great vampire: great disciplines + title + now occasionally possibly useful special)

I'll still use Ankara in lots of Tremere decks, still a fantastic card for reducing action (or combat card) cost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 16:37 #95229 by Mewcat

cordovader wrote: Ah, the most poetic thing is all this random people that never made it to a final table saying how “good” this changes are.

You remind me of eunuchs talking about sex.


And the d-bag award goes to...

I came here to feast on nerd tears and this has exceeded my most optimist projections.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Boris The Blade, Ke., DJHedgehog, ed1234

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 18:24 #95232 by Charles_Bronson
People are raging for no reason. They don't want to understand the concept of unbalanced cards are unjust and unfun, and worse, that they are opressive. They don't want to understand the concept of diversity or balance at all.

They grew accustumed to take out a player entirely of the game with just one card (pentex), and keep thinking this is "normal" and "fair". You can always use sudden reversal, contest pentex or build better decks, no?

Black Chantry is doing an amazing job in balancing the game and listening to player concerns. Thank you very much for those erratas and your good work.

Also, anxious for more errata on abusive and ridiculous overpowered strategies, like turbo multiaction (possession or Call the great beast), reversal of fortunes decks and finally first tradition decks.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::DOM::PRE::FOR::tha::aus::cap9:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 18:56 #95235 by DJHedgehog

Mewcat wrote:

cordovader wrote: Ah, the most poetic thing is all this random people that never made it to a final table saying how “good” this changes are.

You remind me of eunuchs talking about sex.


And the d-bag award goes to...

I came here to feast on nerd tears and this has exceeded my most optimist projections.


Came for the Euro tears, stayed for the Mewcat trolling.

I wonder how many of the "learn to play" euro crowd are threatening to sell their collections.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis, ReverendRevolver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 19:00 #95236 by Kraus
Strong emotions and opinions are expected. However, we have had enough of projection on persons for now. Continue with the topic of card changes and the Anniversary box contents.

And mind your language while you're at it. This is a friendly reminder at this point.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

Facebook @ VtES: Joensuu
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad, LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 19:17 #95237 by cordovader

DJHedgehog wrote:

Mewcat wrote:

cordovader wrote: Ah, the most poetic thing is all this random people that never made it to a final table saying how “good” this changes are.

You remind me of eunuchs talking about sex.


And the d-bag award goes to...

I came here to feast on nerd tears and this has exceeded my most optimist projections.


Came for the Euro tears, stayed for the Mewcat trolling.

I wonder how many of the "learn to play" euro crowd are threatening to sell their collections.


If you think I am ranting that means you don't know me at all. :D

This just reminds me a lot about WoW, where the same people that never managed to go up in the rankings were always crying about this or that and they still never managed to do so.

It's just so funny to see people asking for nerfs of stuff like:
- Call the Great Beast
- First Tradition
- Reversal of Fortunes

Yeah they really are a game issue this cards, like Seeds of Corruption.

PS : thanks for the award btw, I really appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum