file Contents and card changes in 25th Anniversary revealed

06 Jun 2019 09:43 #95251 by Lönkka

What's the box made out of?

Petri kinda already answered this with his stellar reply, but joking aside I think it'll be cardboard. Probably thicker stuff than your "normal" starter/bundle boxes but still cardboard.

Certainly not metal like the previous 10th Anniversary Sets.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
06 Jun 2019 09:48 #95252 by jonathan
Seems to be thicker cardboard.

But the packaging is still gorgeous.

I will buy the product just for the box.

More
06 Jun 2019 09:48 #95253 by cordovader

What's the box made out of?

Petri kinda already answered this with his stellar reply, but joking aside I think it'll be cardboard. Probably thicker stuff than your "normal" starter/bundle boxes but still cardboard.

Certainly not metal like the previous 10th Anniversary Sets.

Ah Petri, trying to mock people with 1 tournament win since 2004. 8)

More
06 Jun 2019 10:10 - 06 Jun 2019 10:14 #95255 by Bloodartist

Very minor tweak. Don't know how muych this was needed as Obtenebration does have (good) access to stealth.

But for a LaSombra deck that focuses on combat instead of stealth this is a nice change. It may allow you to get through the action you are relying on for the deck to function while your hand is full of combat cards. Compare to preternatural strength which is +2 stealth action,

Or was the word "idiotic"? Or "arrogant"? Whatever.

You remind me of eunuchs talking about sex.

You seem a better person than player anyway. :)

And you're certainly not insulting anybody, oh no.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 06 Jun 2019 10:14 by Bloodartist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ratadin

More
06 Jun 2019 10:11 #95256 by talonz
Pentex changed; good.
parity shift changed; anh.....not so sure, a good card just became average.
other changes; meh

However,
Ankara Citadel/Freak Drive. If reduced cost of freak drive is the problem (and I agree, having the entire table put their hands down for 20 minutes while the una deck plays with itself), then correct that problem and that alone. I have a number of decks that focus on getting mileage out of Ankara, perfect clarity and horrific countenance for instance. Also good ole kiss of ra. Even will o wisp.

Did these really have to be nerfed?? Assuming this is an unintended effect, then the erratta to Ankara is bad.

Simple solution would be (since we are adding text to existing cards) making freak drive state "the cost of this card cannot be reduced". Or make the untap a burn blood effect. Done.

Pissed that my tremere trick decks just got shafted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ismeno

More
06 Jun 2019 10:30 - 06 Jun 2019 11:02 #95259 by PetriWessman

Oh, I would mock deserving people even if I had zero tournament wins ever, don't worry.

I have, however, been playing this game more or less nonstop since it was called Jyhad, and running big tournaments as head judge since pretty much forever, so you might want to seriously dial down the douchebag tone if you want people to actually listen to (as opposed to: laugh at) you. Right now, I'm not impressed.

You're a very good tournament player. Good for you (honestly). But that counts for zip here, in this discussion, if you are unable to behave & discuss like a civilized adult. And no, "that's just the way I am" is not a valid excuse.

An admin already warned people about stupid ad hominem stuff, and you keep on with it? Really?

Stick to commenting on the card/rule changes themselves, assuming you have anything constructive to say there. So far I haven't seen any (complaining about people liking the changes does not count).
Last edit: 06 Jun 2019 11:02 by PetriWessman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, emime, Charles_Bronson, Whisker, Ashur, Vlad, Boris The Blade, Yomyael

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds