file Which decktype do you most hate to see in a tournament?

Poll: Hated tournament decks (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
05 May 2012 17:24 #29438 by Kiddo

You need to add "Toolbox without bounce"! That's the devil's work. :P

What IS that?

Perhaps some Ahrimanes deck that is not so good at blocking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2012 17:24 - 05 May 2012 17:25 #29439 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
Another write-in for dedicated [AUS] Walls.

"Nope, I block. Hands for one."
"Nope, I block that too. Walking Stick for 2."
"Nope, I untap and block that."

"Oh, my turn? I untap my minions and will be ready for you Mr. Predator. I didn't get Smiling Jack, so no Masters to play. I bleed for 1, I know I'll know I'll get blocked, so expect Walking Stick for 2. I move one to an uncontrolled with Montreal, your turn Mr Prey. Please don't oust 3 people, m'kay?"

Intercept-bleed (Stickmen) or Intercept-combat (ANI, Tzimice) are ok......but decks which do nothing but beg to be blsed for 5 at 2 stealth (cause they generate no independent offense) annoy me.
Last edit: 05 May 2012 17:25 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Suoli

More
05 May 2012 19:31 #29444 by D-dennis
I stopped hating in 2004, before I even knew of vtes, so I didn't vote here.

Decks I dislike to see in tournaments are the ones for which the player keeps rambling for 2 hours how aggravatedly they will put you in torpor with a Darth Vader like voice, but otherwise bleed only for 1. Meh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
05 May 2012 20:39 #29449 by Forhead
@ Kiddo and Ashur. Both of your examples are valid examples. But I might call stuff that plays 4 bounces in 90 cards for "toolbox without bounce" as well, since it's essentially with it.

But Toolboxes without bounce includ but are not limited to: Gangrel, !gangrel, akunanse, nos, !nos, brujah, !brujah, etc etc. The lists goes on. Point being; I really hate facing crappy decks that don't have any place in a tournament enviorment. Typiclly thay end up blocking a few actions, rush once or twice (probably backwards) and then gives its prey to much room to build up. Leading to that players prey likey to win.

That's real frustration for me. Good player playing sleazy tried and true decks - that's what I really like (though sleazy but innovative decks is just as fine).

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick M, Surreal

More
05 May 2012 20:46 - 05 May 2012 21:02 #29450 by Juggernaut1981
To be honest, I have grown very tired of the idea that bringing almost any deck without :dom: you're at best bringing a crossbow to a gunfight and at worst a bread-knife to a gunfight. I know they're coming, but it doesn't mean I like that they are a major component of the Australian (and I'm assuming worldwide) Meta.

Multi-MPA isn't a big issue in Australia.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 05 May 2012 21:02 by Juggernaut1981.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Azel

More
05 May 2012 21:01 #29452 by vragozakas
I voted for combat decks. Essentially because i play a lot of ally combat decks of various type (vozhd, nephandus, rock cats) that really suck against bruise bleed or a more dedicated combat.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds