question-circle Pentex Subversion Poll #2 and Discussion

Poll: Possible fixes for Pentex Subversion (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
11 Mar 2014 17:46 #59844 by johannes
And I have no affiliation with the design team or the rules dude.

FYI The process for existing cards is:
- rules dude determines something needs to be done about PS
- rules dude decides on ban/change
- if change is chosen rules dude engages design team about possible changes
- if ban is chosen rules dude determines if replacement card should be in place first and engages design team

Last time I checked there was a strict policy on no-change beyond Minion Tap, but I might be wrong by now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2014 17:48 #59845 by johannes

In my almost 20 years of playing, I have never seen a Pentex-off or someone who plays multiples to use on every player. Our meta hardly uses it at all because of the cost and table hate it usually creates.

Interesting. I see a fair share of Pentex being recycled through Anthelios every turn so it shuts down a vampire permanently even if the table directs actions at it.

More
11 Mar 2014 18:04 #59847 by Killjoy71
If you cannot remove Pentex Subversion with the help of either the rest of the players at the table or by yourself, I understand it to mean that you are a serious threat that must be ousted (or the wall is just that good) ;) .

In any case, I thought the idea of the game (at least competitively speaking) was to reduce the number of players at the table as quickly as possible for better micro management of the flow of the game. Pentex Subversion helps tremendously in that sense.

VTES is not for the faint of heart...especially when you don't have a enough blood.

Prince Of Geneva

More
11 Mar 2014 19:33 #59850 by BenPeal

Where do you see that the VEKN Design Team is considering a change to Pentex Subversion?

The Design Team has not been discussing and are not discussing changes to Pentex Subversion or any other card. That is not our job. Errata and bannings are the job of the Rules Team. We are not members of the Rules Team, nor has the Rules Team asked the Design Team to review, comment on, or test any changes or errata. The Design Team also has no cards in development that serve a similar function to Pentex Subversion or that would replace it, nor have we been asked to do so by the Rules Team, the VEKN ICs, or anyone else.

More
11 Mar 2014 23:17 #59856 by ReverendRevolver
Has anyone else gotten into the situation where, routinely, you hold your pentex so that you can contest a pentex? Its not by any means an every game thing, but wall on wall on wall certainly warrants it occasionally, if not often.

Now, we start the "sense dep is broken" argument, i will just insist people need to get better at burning the vampire who played it......

More
12 Mar 2014 00:25 #59857 by KevinM

No one has a problem with Sensory Deprivation

This is a lie. :) SenseDep is an awful, awful card because while it DOES HAVE a removal clause, the removal clause depends on doing something that is more difficult than anything else in the game. So it isn't really a removal clause -- which is the entire problem.

By way of comparison to the topic at-hand: Pentex HAS a removal clause.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zoroh

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds