file Rules Tweak Suggestion: Rewind TIme et al.

04 Aug 2012 19:08 - 04 Aug 2012 19:09 #34305 by Ankha

You can play a WWEF for both, as the rulings stand when I last read them ONLY if you hold the Cancel and the Wake at the same time.

No. You can't play Wake during the master phase because there's no action.
Rewind Time at [TEM] has a cardtext that allows it.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 04 Aug 2012 19:09 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2012 20:23 #34306 by Juggernaut1981
@Ankha: Yes, but I am using a "Wake" to allow me to play a "Cancel". So why should that be any different if there is an action or no action.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
04 Aug 2012 20:43 #34307 by Ankha

@Ankha: Yes, but I am using a "Wake" to allow me to play a "Cancel". So why should that be any different if there is an action or no action.

Because of the current rules. It's not because Wake can be played during the "as played" window that they escape their requirements. You can't play a Wake with an untapped vampire (because of its cardtext), you can't play it if there is no action (because it's a reaction card).
As the current rules and ruling stand (as you say), you can't.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
05 Aug 2012 02:00 #34311 by Juggernaut1981
The 2001 ruling allows Wakes to be played to afterwards play a "Cancel" card. So why should I be able to play Rewind Time @ [TEM] (a reaction) when there is no action and not played Forced Awakening?

If the 2001 ruling allows a "Wake" (such as Forced Awakening) to be played to enable a "Cancel" (such as Rewind Time), why is it illegal Ankha? Forced Awakening has no requirement for there to actually be an action (other than penalising you if you fail to block the action, which would require its own ruling regarding the effect of using Forced Awakening to then cancel a non-action or if you cancel the action itself.)

(WWEF does require there to be an action, since it says you can only play reactions and block for the current action and therefore cannot be used if there is no action).

Forced Awakening
Type: Reaction
Only usable by a tapped vampire.
This reacting vampire can attempt to block and play reaction cards as though untapped. If he or she does not successfully block this action, he or she burns an additional blood.

Rewind Time
Type: Reaction
Requires: Temporis/Presence
Cost: 2 blood
 Reduce a bleed against you by 1.
[tem] Cancel an action card as it is played (the acting minion is not tapped).
[TEM] Usable by a ready, untapped vampire even though there is no action. Cancel a non-out-of-turn master card as it is played during any other Methuselah's master phase (no cost is paid). The Methuselah who played that card gains another master phase action.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
05 Aug 2012 02:38 - 05 Aug 2012 02:39 #34314 by Adonai

why should I be able to play Rewind Time @ [TEM] (a reaction) when there is no action and not played Forced Awakening?

The definition of Reaction Cards restrict them to being played only during other player's actions.

Explicit card text on Rewind Time at :TEM: allows it to be played when there is no action. This is why it is the only reaction card that can be played in response to a master card.

www.vekn.net/index.php/rulebook

Reaction cards: A ready untapped minion can play a reaction card in response to an action taken by another Methuselah's minion (an action taken by one of a Methuselah's minions cannot be reacted to by any of her own minions).

Last edit: 05 Aug 2012 02:39 by Adonai.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
08 Aug 2012 06:43 #34448 by Pascal Bertrand

The definition of Reaction Cards restrict them to being played only during other player's actions.

Correct.

Power of All is the other minion card playable in a master phase.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds