exclamation-circle Self contested city titles

02 Apr 2013 19:03 - 02 Apr 2013 19:07 #46492 by jamesatzephyr

OK, it is in the complete rules reference, which directly contradicts the rulebook on that point.

The Complete Rules Reference doesn't actually tell you when you get titles back. Cards are handled in III.A.2. But titles aren't cards.

(If III.A.2 applied to titles, consider the situation where my infernal Baali wins a contest for a title, or any other vampire who does not untap as normal. III.A.2 would also untap the vampire!)

The rulebook tells you:

If all other vampires contesting a title with your vampire have yielded the contest, then your vampire acquires the title during your next untap phase, ending the contest.

So, Vamp A, Vamp B, both mine, contested title. I'm in my untap phase. Vamp A yields the title. Vamp B will get it back "during my next untap phase". To get it back immediately would give it back to me in this untap phase. So it happens next turn.

I think I can then order it however I like among my other "during your untap phase" effects, in III.A.3, in my next untap phase. (Though I can't think offhand of a situation where that would actually matter.)
Last edit: 02 Apr 2013 19:07 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2013 21:08 #46494 by Squidalot

What happens to the city titles of two of my vampires, when I influence out a second, but different vampire with a title of the same city?

For example: It happened to me in the Draft at GothCon, that I controlled Malabranca (Archbishop of Rome) and influenced out Sela Adv. (Archbishop of Rome).
It was ruled, that both titles are contested, and that in my next untap phase i could choose to yield one title, for to get back the title of the other vampire the following turn.

Was that correct?

Thanks in advance!

:tore:

the cheek!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
02 Apr 2013 21:25 #46496 by Hakuron
:whistle:

It was beyond my imagination that that could be correct ...

Thanks everybody!

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
03 Apr 2013 02:44 #46501 by AaronC
You all are right - I reread the rulebook section, and the last line says the contests ends when the title comes back into play.

More
03 Apr 2013 06:41 - 03 Apr 2013 06:48 #46511 by Hakuron
thanks again

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 06:48 by Hakuron.

More
03 Apr 2013 08:28 #46521 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answers from jamesatzephyr.
I'll add to my notes to update the CRR (to have it mention Title contest).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds