file Bleeding to oust with Lorrie Dunsirn at 1 pool

26 Jun 2013 09:05 - 26 Jun 2013 09:05 #50474 by Ohlmann

Wait...
So if I pay Lorrie Dunsirn's "cost" and would die... then I actually do.
If I play Eternals of Sirius' "cost" and would die... then I don't die.

Sounds like we have a contradiction in rulings.

No contradiction.

You may ask yourself the question why everybody use the same ruling to have the conclusion you say is contradicted.

In case you are serious, Eternal of Sirius make you gain pool in resolution, and the oust check is immediatly afterward. Here, you pay for the action, and the oust check is immediatly afterward. What would have been strange is to survive the action.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2013 09:05 by Ohlmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2013 09:17 - 26 Jun 2013 09:22 #50475 by Killjoy71

Wait...

Which costs cause you to die and which don't? I do, honestly think, that the Rulings Team do need to sit down and decide on a SINGLE idea to apply to ALL situations (except Strike Cards since they obviously have a 'delay' because of the way damage is handled).

It seems to me that you are comparing a Vampire's card text to that of a Master card. Lorrie's card text affects only... Lorrie's non-hunt actions during the minion phase.

Eternals of Sirius happens during the master phase and has/provides an immediate "exchange" effect during that master phase action.

There is no exchange/win-win situation for Lorrie; she acts and automatically you(The Methuselah controlling Lorrie) lose one pool.

VTES is not for the faint of heart...especially when you don't have a enough blood.

Prince Of Geneva
Last edit: 26 Jun 2013 09:22 by Killjoy71.

More
26 Jun 2013 09:53 #50476 by ReverendRevolver
I think its the same reason you dont gain pool ona kindred spirits bleed if the rising is out and you didnt already have the edge. You gain the edge after sucessfully bleeding, as in resolving a bleed action for 1 or more. The poolgain, in the same window of a cost being paid(as of the unblocked action resolving) happens before effects like gaining the edge, or pool for an oust.

More
26 Jun 2013 10:28 #50478 by Pascal Bertrand

Wait...

Which costs cause you to die and which don't? I do, honestly think, that the Rulings Team do need to sit down and decide on a SINGLE idea to apply to ALL situations (except Strike Cards since they obviously have a 'delay' because of the way damage is handled).

Rulebook 9.1: wrote:

EXCEPTION: If a player is ousted at the same time that her prey is ousted, the player gets the victory point but does not gain 6 pool.

More
26 Jun 2013 11:28 #50481 by Juggernaut1981
@PB:
I have no problem with the "simultaneous oust" clause. If you die and your prey also dies... you get 1VP, your pred gets 1VP + 6 pool. Fine.

Why is Lorrie Dunsirn's cost treated differently to the cost of a Master card? Both are costs required to be paid in full before effects.

Either Lorrie can't oust you if you oust your prey with Lorrie (giving you 6 pool) because the effects of the bleed (i.e. the oust) occur simultaneously...

OR

Eternals of Sirius can oust you if you use it on 4 pool.

They are both "costs". Why should we be handling the cost of a Master Card in pool differently to another cost in pool?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
26 Jun 2013 11:32 - 26 Jun 2013 11:32 #50482 by Ohlmann

Why is Lorrie Dunsirn's cost treated differently to the cost of a Master card? Both are costs required to be paid in full before effects.

Because it's not treated differently. You pay for your action, it's resolved, then everybody at 0 pool is ousted. It work exactly the same as Sirius.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2013 11:32 by Ohlmann.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds