file Kaymakli Fragment

27 Jul 2011 06:39 - 01 Aug 2011 16:33 #6870 by Joscha
Kaymakli Fragment was created by Joscha
How often can a given minion use the Kaymakli Fragment?

Kaymakli Fragment

Unique equipment.
This Sabbat vampire may allow you to draw 5 cards from your library as an action (discard afterward). This infernal minion may move 3 blood from the bank to a vampire in your uncontrolled region as a +1 stealth action. Any minion may steal this equipment as a strike.

a) He can use it once per turn. If it is swapped away via Heidelburt another minion can use it once this turn too.
b) He can use it once as a Sabbat and once as a infernal per turn.
c) He can use it multiple times per turn (asuming he can untap in whatever way).

I assume it is a), but one never know... :) .

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 01 Aug 2011 16:33 by Joscha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2011 06:59 #6874 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment
Once per turn. The question has been asked and answered some time ago, but I cannot find the post.

The reasoning was that you can't play/use the two effects of a card (like Govern the Unaligned or Kamakli Fragment) twice per turn, since it would violate NRA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
27 Jul 2011 07:06 - 27 Jul 2011 07:26 #6875 by Pascal Bertrand

How often can a given minion use the Kaymakli Fragment?

Kaymakli Fragment

Unique equipment.
This Sabbat vampire may allow you to draw 5 cards from your library as an action (discard afterward). This infernal minion may move 3 blood from the bank to a vampire in your uncontrolled region as a +1 stealth action. Any minion may steal this equipment as a strike.

a) He can use it once per turn. If it is swapped away via Heidelburt another minion can use it once this turn too.
b) He can use it once as a Sabbat and once as a infernal per turn.
c) He can use it multiple times per turn (asuming he can untap in whatever way).

I assume it is a), but one never know... :) .

c) He can use it multiple times per turn, but is limited to perform each of the actions it provides a maximum of one time each turn (that is: the stealing part isn't limited, each turn, and each of the actions it provides is limited by the NRA).

For reference: [LSJ 20100909] (EDIT: notice that this was a reversal of an answer given earlier)
Last edit: 27 Jul 2011 07:26 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
27 Jul 2011 11:30 - 27 Jul 2011 17:59 #6909 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
I get the ruling....and it is clear enbough. But on the face it seems to fly in the face of commonly understood NRA mechanics. I need to be able to explain this to my playgroup.

That ruling boils down to "you can access different parts of the same card's text with the same minion and not bump up against NRA."

In the case of Frag, that's sonce as Sabbat, once as Infernal, with NRA being based on a vampire's properties.

It seems to me that normal discipline-based actions cards also have requirements in a similar fashion - that being "basic" and "superior". So using the logic behind the Fragment rule issued above, I could potentially Govern "down" using the [DOM] restriction then "left" with the [dom] same minion in a given turn.

Is the reason for the difference in approach that [DOM] is largely dependent on having [dom], while Kaymakli's Sabbat and Infernal requirements are completely independent?
Last edit: 27 Jul 2011 17:59 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple.

More
27 Jul 2011 11:41 - 27 Jul 2011 11:41 #6911 by Pascal Bertrand

It seems to me that normal discipline-based actions cards also have requirements in a similar fashion - that being "basic" and "superior". So using the logic behind the Fragment rule issued above, I could potentially Govern "down" using the [DOM] restriction then "left" with the [dom] same minion in a given turn.

Is the reason for the difference in approach that [DOM] is largely dependent on having [DOM], while Kaymakli's Sabbat and Infernal requirements are completely independent?

No.
The reason is that this ruling applies to cards in play: [LSJ 20100910] .
Last edit: 27 Jul 2011 11:41 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
27 Jul 2011 11:42 #6912 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment

For reference: [LSJ 20100909] (EDIT: notice that this was a reversal of an answer given earlier)

That's really news for me .. thanks for sorting that out!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds