file Kaymakli Fragment

02 Aug 2011 05:50 #7208 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment
Actually Lonkka, the issue here is that your third rule has become the first rule. LSJ's ruling here has contradicted the rulesbook, thus begging the question whether the rulebook or LSJ's rulings take precedence.

LSJ's rulings for the most part clarify how cards work in certain instances or go into more depth than the rulebook does. In the case of Villein, LSJ defined what it means to "move" blood from a card. His ruling on that did not directly contradict the existing rules. Yes, why go back on it?

But in this case the ruling contradicts rule 6.1.6 of the rulebook. The ruling was made quietly in September of last year, after the game was discontinued. To me the NRA rules are already a bit hard to teach and retain, so I figure, why change them just for one or two cards?

And for Kevin: LSJ did a fine job, but I don't think every ruling he made found unanimous approval.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2011 06:05 - 02 Aug 2011 06:06 #7209 by Pascal Bertrand
This whole topic is subject to review by the Rules team.
Until something else is issued, LSJ's reversal stands.
In the future, either the rulebook will be adapted so that the NRA is properly defined for actions from cards in play, or this ruling will be reversed.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2011 06:06 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
02 Aug 2011 06:08 #7210 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment
Thanks Pascal.
I do hope that any 'game-wide' applicable rulings are incorporated into the core rules, rather than standing alone as rulings. It will return the 'rule book' to the first reference for game-play in general and the rulings for specific cards.

To that end, I do think it would be worth glossarising key words such as "Steal", "Move", "Transfer" and having them be specific meanings (e.g. if transfer equipment is the same as move equipment... then only one of those words should be used).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
02 Aug 2011 07:24 #7211 by Pascal Bertrand

To that end, I do think it would be worth glossarising key words such as "Steal", "Move", "Transfer" and having them be specific meanings (e.g. if transfer equipment is the same as move equipment... then only one of those words should be used).

If someone thinks something isn't clear in the rulebook (or the outline, or the tournament rules, or the judges' guide, ...), please let me know. I'll try to handle it, if I think it is necessary. Notifying me won't mean I'll change it, but at least I'll be aware of it.

More
02 Aug 2011 07:59 #7216 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment
Can't ask for more.
Thanks Pascal.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
02 Aug 2011 10:39 #7224 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment

And for Kevin: LSJ did a fine job, but I don't think every ruling he made found unanimous approval.

With all due respect, that's a meaningless statement unless you want mob rule.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds