file Dam the Heart's River and Catatonic Fear

21 Aug 2015 11:05 #72635 by Lemminkäinen
Is the 1 damage from Catatonic Fear still considered to have been inflicted in this combat?

In other words, if I play both at superior, does the opposing vampire take one or two points of damage if he doesn't Dodge (or do something extraordinary)?

Catatonic Fear
Type: Combat
Requires: Presence
Cost: 1 blood
 Strike: combat ends.
 As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if the range is close.

Dam the Heart's River
Type: Combat
Requires: Quietus
Frenzy. Only usable before range is determined. A vampire can play only one Dam the Heart's River each combat.
[qui] This combat, each strike or damaging effect made against the opposing minion inflicts +1 damage.
[QUI] As above, and this combat, strikes cost the opposing minion 1 additional blood or life, and the opposing minion can choose not to strike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2015 12:02 - 21 Aug 2015 12:03 #72638 by Ankha
Dam gives +1 damage to the strike. It doesn't have to resolve during the combat

Same thing works with Target Vitals.

groups.google.com/d/topic/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/plqseTAyBJo/discussion

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 21 Aug 2015 12:03 by Ankha.

More
10 Jan 2017 01:45 #80082 by Lead
Hi Ankha,
Can you update and clarify this post?

Official ruling is here:
www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/68512-dam-the-heart-s-river-and-dagon-s-call?limitstart=0#71260

I have a deck playing Target Vitals, Dam, Outside the Hourglass and Catatonic Fear -- only part I need to clarify is the Dam + Catatonic Fear part. (or for folks who want to do a Loving Agony + Dam the Heart's River deck in the future...)

Thanks!

More
10 Jan 2017 08:59 #80091 by Ankha
I thought it was clear: Dam gives +1 damage to the Catatonic Fear strike since it was "made against the opposing minion" when Dam was active. (The "in combat" part indicates that the effect lasts for the combat, not just the round which is the default duration). When the Catatonic Fear strike resolves, it ends combats, then inflicts 1+1 damage.

Prince of Paris, France

More
10 Jan 2017 12:39 #80096 by TwoRazorReign
Is there a reason why Catatonic Fear doesn't say "this strike inflicts 1 damage after combat ends if this strike was made at close range"?

More
10 Jan 2017 16:43 #80098 by Ankha

Is there a reason why Catatonic Fear doesn't say "this strike inflicts 1 damage after combat ends if this strike was made at close range"?

What difference would you see?

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds