file Rules Team Rulings - RTR 07/07/2016

07 Jul 2016 18:54 #77329 by Pascal Bertrand
Dear everyone,
As you've probably heard today, we have some news from Paradox.

Tournament Rules Change
After several years of suggestion from players, discussion, debating amongst the NCs and Inner Circle, we have submitted a rule change to Paradox, and we are happy to report their support on the following points :

"As long as the game is not under production, the organizer of an event can choose to allow proxy cards in his or her event. For events where proxy cards are allowed, several points apply:

- there are no limit to the number of proxy cards a deck can have
- every proxy card must be a color-copy of the original card, on standard paper
- the quality of the print must allow the reading of the illustrator's name
- the organizer must mark the event as 'allowing proxy cards' on the VEKN calendar"
As for VEKN-issued cards, proxy-cards would have to be inserted in an opaque sleeve (along the rest of the crypt and/or library), before a regular VTES card.

This change in the Tournament Rules will not apply to National Championships and Continental Championships.

This RTR will be effective for events created for August 6th 2016 and later (this includes events held on August 6th, 2016).

As we just received their answer, the implementation of the checkbox on the Event Module Creation isn't fully complete, and we kindly ask for your patience before creating Proxy-allowing events (it shouldn't take long).
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop, D-dennis, brandonsantacruz, Ashur, Vlad, Boris The Blade, self biased, brettscho, Rémi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2016 20:47 #77330 by Vlad
Yeah !!!!

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
07 Jul 2016 23:43 #77332 by self biased
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur, Zoroh

More
10 Jul 2016 10:43 - 10 Jul 2016 10:46 #77338 by Rémi
Dear all,

Thanks, that sounds some good news. May I ask why you still ask to print on standard paper and use a genuine cards to use proxies?
I mean, this RTR seems to say that people without any cards (because they could be interested in trying that game or because they've sold their collection) could go to official events.

Sadly, it is not true.

They still need genuine cards to put into their sleeves :(

I hoped this part of the rule would have been changed because of the use of colored sleeves.

Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 10 Jul 2016 10:46 by Rémi.

More
10 Jul 2016 22:11 #77339 by Vlad
For my part I won't check the proxy decks, so as long as there are cards with the prints (even if they are Magic, Pokemon ou Yu Gi Oh) that will be fine for me.

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
11 Jul 2016 06:20 - 11 Jul 2016 07:53 #77341 by Ankha
What is the reason not to follow the rules? It can't be a cost problem, for 100 junk vtes cards are worth almost nothing. I mean, they must be cheaper than a sandwich or any travel to a tournament place, or to print the cards on thick paper.

So what it is?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 11 Jul 2016 07:53 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, acbishop, D-dennis, Barontinel

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds