file Rules Team Rulings - RTR 07/07/2016

19 Jul 2016 14:39 #77412 by jamesatzephyr

James, is this happening somewhere or, like with TwoRazorReign, pure speculation?

Since the change isn't in effect yet, and new players can't happily attend and play in (most) tournaments with photocopied cards yet, would you like to explain how it can already be happening? I mean, seriously? You're expecting me to provide proof of something that's happening that cannot happen at the moment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2016 16:04 #77413 by TwoRazorReign

James, is this happening somewhere or, like with TwoRazorReign, pure speculation?

Of course it's speculation. Proxies just became legal, like, 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: Most every year I've told other Finns that if there are cards that someone needs for making the best possible deck (or whatever) at EC, they should just send me a list.

Very seldom there has been anyone asking for any cards and usually it has been just 2-4 cards all in all.

At least in my experience, there has been very small need.

Were proxies legal when you had this experience? If not, your experience is not really relevant.

More
20 Jul 2016 14:51 #77417 by Lönkka

Small need only because we are less and less players...

No. The needs were small because, they really didn't need any special cards.

From the two other heroes I see a lot of cornercase speculation.
Sure those things could happen, but I don't really expect stuff like that to happen.

We just allowed proxies in specfied tournaments.
Let's see how that works before allowing them in all tournaments.

While we're at it, some people might have problems getting B&W photocopies so why not just change rules to allow small bits of paper inserted to sleeves to say which card it is proxying.

Or you could take sufficient number or, say, unsleeved Yu-Gi-Oh cards, write the name of proxied card to it with a felt tip pen and start bleeding like it is 1999!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
20 Jul 2016 17:49 #77419 by Vlad
If it was supposed to be funny, I can't find anything to laugh about what you said... :(

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
20 Jul 2016 18:27 #77421 by TwoRazorReign

Small need only because we are less and less players...

No. The needs were small because, they really didn't need any special cards.

Again, proxies weren't allowed when you had this experience. There were small needs because everybody participating already owned enough cards to participate, and those that didn't stayed home. Had the people who stayed home showed up, you'd have given out a lot more cards.

From the two other heroes I see a lot of cornercase speculation.
Sure those things could happen, but I don't really expect stuff like that to happen.

We just allowed proxies in specfied tournaments.
Let's see how that works before allowing them in all tournaments.

Why? What is the reason? I am asking now for the third time in this thread: why do we need to hang onto this rule? What is the benefit of doing this? I see it being more restrictive than beneficial for new players.

While we're at it, some people might have problems getting B&W photocopies so why not just change rules to allow small bits of paper inserted to sleeves to say which card it is proxying.

Or you could take sufficient number or, say, unsleeved Yu-Gi-Oh cards, write the name of proxied card to it with a felt tip pen and start bleeding like it is 1999!

We’re discussing backing cards. You’re referring to the actual print outs. While I agree that the rules for print outs should remain as is, this is a completely different discussion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
20 Jul 2016 18:53 #77423 by Lönkka
I'm so done with this conversation.

Ta-tah, dahlings!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds