file Rules Team Rulings - RTR 07/07/2016

11 Jul 2016 12:04 - 11 Jul 2016 12:04 #77343 by Rémi

What is the reason not to follow the rules? It can't be a cost problem, for 100 junk vtes cards are worth almost nothing

Hey,

Please do not misunderstand me, it is not a rebel joke of mine.
I am just wondering why the rules still ask players to have genuine cards during events that allow full proxies decks. I undestand that this part of the rules did make sense when the only allowed proxies cards were the VEKN pdf sets.
If someone does not have any cards, he can print proxies but he cannot go to an event that allows proxies.

If nobody thinks this could be simplify, please just forget my two posts and have a good day :)
Warm regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 11 Jul 2016 12:04 by Rémi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2016 14:07 #77344 by Brum
My two euro cents:

In VtES tournaments one should use VtES cards. Even if they have printed paper in front of them.
I think is actually a mater of IP legality.
The case where a player is interested enough to go to a tournament, but does not own at least 102 VtES cards, seems to be very unlikely.
If you multiply that with the probability of a VtES tournament scene without anyone donating any set of 102 cards to new players, then it is almost impossible.

That is why I don't think there's any problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
11 Jul 2016 14:36 #77345 by Ankha

What is the reason not to follow the rules? It can't be a cost problem, for 100 junk vtes cards are worth almost nothing

Hey,

Please do not misunderstand me, it is not a rebel joke of mine.
I am just wondering why the rules still ask players to have genuine cards during events that allow full proxies decks. I undestand that this part of the rules did make sense when the only allowed proxies cards were the VEKN pdf sets.
If someone does not have any cards, he can print proxies but he cannot go to an event that allows proxies.

If nobody thinks this could be simplify, please just forget my two posts and have a good day :)
Warm regards,
Rémi.

The rules presented here were the exact proposition made to Paradox, to which they gave their consent.

I don't think it's a good idea to write them: "finally, some players want to play VTES with cards from other card games, can we change our agreement?"

But you know the French saying: "give them a hand, they take the arm".

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop

More
11 Jul 2016 14:57 #77346 by Vlad
Honestly no one cares what will be in the sleeves, as long as it is a card...
Imagine the time lost to check all decks for that !

(And I don't believe a lot ofplayers will play with other cards ;) )

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
11 Jul 2016 15:38 #77347 by Ankha

Honestly no one cares what will be in the sleeves, as long as it is a card...
Imagine the time lost to check all decks for that !

(And I don't believe a lot ofplayers will play with other cards ;) )

Not checking is one thing. Violating knowingly a tournament rule is another.

Would you encourage people to violate the rules? If not, what is the problem in using V:TES cards to play V:TES and respecting the rules?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop

More
11 Jul 2016 16:15 #77348 by TwoRazorReign

What is the reason not to follow the rules? It can't be a cost problem, for 100 junk vtes cards are worth almost nothing. I mean, they must be cheaper than a sandwich or any travel to a tournament place, or to print the cards on thick paper.

So what it is?

You answered a question with a question. I think the poster raises a legitimate question, to which I am sure there is a much better answer than the one you provided. What is the reason for the requirement that proxies include genuine cards with printed paper? Why was this requirement proposed to Paradox?

Requiring actual VTES cards for use with proxies is an added barrier to entry to tournaments. Consider the players who sold their collections ages ago but now want to get back into tournament-level VTES with proxies. These people probably don't want the hassle of buying old, used junk cards to re-enter the game. Sure, the cards are cheap. But you can't just walk into a store and pick them up from the shelf. And nobody wants to buy old, crappy cards no matter how cheap they are. These may seem like small considerations, but they are significant barriers to entry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad, Rémi

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds