file Libertas when you atempt to bloock

16 Jan 2019 19:04 - 16 Jan 2019 19:06 #92938 by TwoRazorReign
I think the problem is less about how subordinating conjunctions and coordinate series work in English and more about the problems that arise when two common English conjunctions (in this case, "if" and "while") are associated with different in-game effects. To expect one to link "if" with an effect persisting after a block attempt and "while" with an effect ceasing after the block attempt is asking a lot. You're basically inviting arguments over semantics at that point.

Blessing of Chaos should explicitly state that the effect persists after the block attempt. Or at least a formal ruling stating such should appear in the card rulings. Libertas would then be fine by comparison, as no such disclaimer or ruling appears for that card.
Last edit: 16 Jan 2019 19:06 by TwoRazorReign.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2019 19:26 #92940 by jamesatzephyr

I think the problem is less about how subordinating conjunctions and coordinate series work in English

Except Lönkka has explicitly stated that the "while" doesn't apply to "is... attempting to block".

If stop you require word be grammar, game no work.

More
17 Jan 2019 13:46 #92968 by Lönkka
Snarky. Much?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
17 Jan 2019 14:40 #92969 by TwoRazorReign

I think the problem is less about how subordinating conjunctions and coordinate series work in English

Except Lönkka has explicitly stated that the "while" doesn't apply to "is... attempting to block".

That statement by Lönnka was made as a result of "if" and "while" having specific meaning applied to them in VTES on the basis of rulings, not a result of Lönnka misunderstanding English grammar. Also, if anybody was actually interested in a grammar lesson, I think the last place to look would be a VTES forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds