file Rulebook queries

25 Apr 2019 20:03 #94670 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Rulebook queries
I appreciate your opinion. However, the technical implications that you find are clear enough are not clear to those who do not have experience playing CCGs that include a mechanism where cards are turned sideways to indicate something. The rulebook includes too much mealy-mouthed language like this and too often assumes that everybody has enough experience with CCGs to know that the description they provide for a fundamental mechanism is not all encompassing, even though making the description all encompassing is super easy and should have been done long ago.

Fact: locking a card always indicates it cannot be used for a particular effect. It does not always indicate the card has been used already. Therefore, the description needs updating. And my proposed solution may not even be precise enough or even correct: one can lock a locked card in this game for a particular purpose.

Again, I could query many, many things like this in the rulebook. This was just one thing I happened to notice that went unnoticed for decades.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2019 16:49 #94699 by TwoRazorReign
Another query of text in the rulebook:

"The cards in your library represent the things you or your minions can do or use; they have square illustrations on the front and green marble backs."

Should this be clarified? The first sentence is contradicted later in the rulebook: "There are four main types of library cards: convictions, master cards, minion cards and event cards." Master cards and event cards do not "represent the things you or your minions can do or use."

More
28 Apr 2019 19:45 #94700 by Palamedes
Replied by Palamedes on topic Rulebook queries
It's just a descriptive sentence, and it's very clearly written for someone who sees the game for the first time. Later it goes into details. I do not see what's contradicted - Master and Event cards you can use (play).

More
28 Apr 2019 20:05 #94702 by TwoRazorReign
I mistyped earlier and only meant to mention event cards; you are correct about master cards. Because of the presence of event cards in the library, it’s a misleading sentence and is not an entirely accurate description of what comprises a library. Event cards dont really fit that definition of things you or your minions can do.

More
28 Apr 2019 20:34 #94705 by narpassword
Replied by narpassword on topic Rulebook queries

Event cards dont really fit that definition of things you or your minions can do.

can do, _or use_

you can use an event card.

More
29 Apr 2019 01:24 #94707 by TwoRazorReign
Playing an event card is not a “representation” of something you can use in the game, it’s literally something you use. This is different than, for example, equipment cards, which are a representation of the things minions use in the game. I still don’t think event cards fit the description of representing something you can do or use.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds